Traditionalism under siege in Platteville, WI
our priest calls Madison the San Francisco of the midwest :laughing:
the "accusations" are hilarious...my family had a good laugh over them at lunch.
:o    :o    HORRORS!!!!!  a priest talks about Purgatory at a funeral Mass????
>:(  >:(  WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO OBEY THAT PRIEST???    >:(    >:(

:pray2:
@Jitpring:
"That infernal beast Satan doesn't like what's going on there. Thus he's enlisted these heretics to topple those good priests and Bishop Morlino. We must pray for them."

Spot-on.

Wait for the reaction in this diocese to Fr. Relyea, who is setting up a traditional order of Fransicans there, thanks to Bishop Morlino.

+JMJ+
(11-05-2010, 05:32 PM)mamalove Wrote: our priest calls Madison the San Francisco of the midwest

That's exactly what it is.  The diocese is surprisingly decent though.
Sounds like a great parish, now.

I wonder if attendance will increase now that word is getting out that there's a decent Mass available? 

That reply by the Bishop is a masterpiece.
Wow, what a wonderful response from the good Bishop. God bless him.

Out of curiosity, how did this relationship between Bishop Morlino and this particular Spanish order start?
God bless Bishop Marlino!
:pray:
(11-05-2010, 10:45 PM)Joshua Wrote: Wow, what a wonderful response from the good Bishop. God bless him.

Out of curiosity, how did this relationship between Bishop Morlino and this particular Spanish order start?

That is actually a good question, I was wondering about that too.
Haha.  I just read the addendum. 

Boom.  Roasted.
(11-06-2010, 01:39 AM)GeorgeT Wrote:When the bishop wrote that the people needed to explain how the priest was going against VII, and provide citations from the council I laughed. That's the perfect response to stuff like this.

One of the big problems with the Spirit of V2 is it ignores what the council actually said.  The council documents are ambiguous and convoluted causing enough problems, but these people just make it up as they go along and blame the council.  Like Bugnini did with the New Missal.
He already has them at a beautiful church in Roxbury as well as in Sauk City.  They run a school there.  I know nearby in the area there is a SSPX church, so maybe he wanted to give the faithfull some other options?  I would be intrested to learn the history as well.  The area of Madison certianly needs no nonsense Catholic truth very badly.