Traditionalism under siege in Platteville, WI
This story has appeared on various forums and blogs (including Fr. Z's)  and donations have been pouring in from all over the world.  The liberal group's plan of withholding financial support seems to be backfiring big time.
Correction: Catholicism, not traditionalism, is under siege there.
(11-06-2010, 08:46 AM)mamalove Wrote: He already has them at a beautiful church in Roxbury as well as in Sauk City.  They run a school there.  I know nearby in the area there is a SSPX church, so maybe he wanted to give the faithfull some other options?  I would be intrested to learn the history as well.  The area of Madison certianly needs no nonsense Catholic truth very badly.

Conservative priests who use the Traditional Mass and put a special emphasis on schools and vocations. These guys sound perfect for me. Why do all the cool orders have to be on the other side of the world?
I just donated to their school. Please prayerfully consider giving whatever you can fellow fisheaters.

http://stmaryplatteville.org/wp/

You can also add a comment, which I did, praising His Excellency and those wonderful priests.

-Restituo
(11-06-2010, 01:30 PM)Restituo Wrote: I just donated to their school. Please prayerfully consider giving whatever you can fellow fisheaters.

http://stmaryplatteville.org/wp/

You can also add a comment, which I did, praising His Excellency and those wonderful priests.

-Restituo
Fantastic news! I wish we had more bishops just like him. Too bad for the libs, They've been aided and abetted by modernist clergy for so long, it's going to take a long time for them to wise up.

C.
Now this is a Bishop!  A wonderful letter that I have copied and saved.  I have a sneaking suspicion that our present Pastor may have need of it.  Our parish has been "serviced" by sixties vintage priests for the past thirty years.  Finally, Deo Gratias, we have a  priest that does things the Church's Way rather than his own.  Already, the DRE is retiring (good riddance I say).  Trouble is, the people in the parish have been so protestantized that they have forgotten what it was like to be Catholic.

God reward Bishop Merlino!  And may his kind increase and multiply in Holy Mother Church!!
I spoke to a priest friend today who is familliar with these churches, he actually attended them in college.  He said they were very liberal., so liberal there was a woman giving some of the "homilies" that had some degree from Berkley.
Bishop M. must have just decided on a very agressive treatment for the cancer....he must have sent these brave troops in armed to the teeth for a fierce fight.
Bump.  Give a few bucks if you can.  I did.
Prays for the Holy Bishop!!!  :pray: :pray: