Polish Giant Jesus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101106/ap_o...iant_jesus

[Image: capt.0122bc9954aa458390ad39c923bc07c1-e6...lKUkHBNQ--]

Just further proof that in the west...there will be no reference to God....is that how it went?
The tree has long and very deep roots.

As I recall that was the great fear of Saruman and it foreshadows the fear that is in the heart of secular western Europe. This is something they share with the protestants as I read a prot pastor write once, "you do not fear us the same way we fear you." In their hearts they still fear the Church.
The muslims aren't going to like this.......
(11-07-2010, 05:42 AM)dymphna17 Wrote: The muslims aren't going to like this.......

The mohammedans don't like anything.
did anyone read the sick comments at the bottom of the article from folks? They are a bunch of yahoos.

Awesome statue! At least there's one country left in the world that's not afraid to proclaim Christ the King.
would it be blaspemous or disrespectful to build apartments inside the statue? i genuinely curious, not joking.
Unfortunately, a big statue of Christ doesn't mean much these days.

Here's the statue of Christ the King overlooking Lisbon and the river Tagus, inaugurated back in 1959. It was inspired by the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:

[Image: index2.php?option=com_datsogallery&func=wmark&mid=1627]
[Image: IMG_0018.jpg]
[Image: Cristo_Rei(1).jpg]
(11-07-2010, 05:42 AM)dymphna17 Wrote: The muslims aren't going to like this.......

Newsflash...."Muslims furious!"  :laughing:
Actually, this is pretty good news for this week.  With The Community Organizer's visit to India, it was announced that a statue of the monkey "god" Hanuman was completed, and that it slightly overtopped Christ of the Andes.  Glad to see that Western civilization didn't let a pagan animal statue take the top spot over Our Lord for long.
(11-07-2010, 11:03 AM)icecream Wrote: would it be blaspemous or disrespectful to build apartments inside the statue? i genuinely curious, not joking.
yes