Books/Authors you feel obligated not to like, but do......
(11-07-2010, 09:35 PM)Satori Wrote: But it's not as bad as the other gem by that author, The Holes in Your Nose, with all its booger pictures. That one literally made me sick to my stomach.

:laughing: :laughing:

i think ill avoid that one
(11-07-2010, 09:35 PM)Satori Wrote: Oh, Everyone Poops is an awful, awful book. I got rid of our copy (gift of MIL). But it's not as bad as the other gem by that author, The Holes in Your Nose, with all its booger pictures. That one literally made me sick to my stomach.

Are these meant to be educational or just ridiculous? I am having difficulty seeing a purpose in such a publication.
Voltaire.  Candide is ingenious.
(11-07-2010, 09:46 PM)Gladium Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 09:35 PM)Satori Wrote: Oh, Everyone Poops is an awful, awful book. I got rid of our copy (gift of MIL). But it's not as bad as the other gem by that author, The Holes in Your Nose, with all its booger pictures. That one literally made me sick to my stomach.

Are these meant to be educational or just ridiculous? I am having difficulty seeing a purpose in such a publication.

Hard to say the author's intent, but they seem to be purchased by silly adults who think children need to be reassured about poop so they won't be embarrassed or something. Okay, there are kids like the ones Wallflower mentioned, but in general, children know all they need to know about poop and are pretty comfortable with it, I'd say. Getting them to do it in the right place, now -- there's the challenge.