Pope made to look like a fool
(11-08-2010, 10:56 PM)Joshua Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 10:14 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: If this photo is what it appears to be, it makes the Queen look absurd.  His Holiness looks like the grown up in this photo.

Both look equally absurd, I'm afraid. The Queen breaks the current Papal protocol of communion on the tongue while kneeling in the most conspicuous (and possibly orchestrated) way possible and her brash error is accommodated and conceded to. Tell me this: Would it have been "childish" for our Holy Father to have used this scene as an opportunity to instruct the faithful on the necessity for reverent reception of the Holy Eucharist? ... The Pope providing a public correction to a Queen on the most essential of subjects in Catholicism on every international media outlet. I can't imagine a more neglectfully missed opportunity.

... There you have it folks. The conviction behind this "reform of the reform" is like a house of sticks built on sand, and when push finally came to shove in the public eye, the Pope caved.  Truly disheartening.

Reform of the reform is a waste of time.  The TLM is the only way to go.
(11-08-2010, 11:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Reform of the reform is a waste of time.  The TLM is the only way to go.

True dat, bro.
(11-08-2010, 11:00 PM)Underdog Wrote: looks as if she came close to completely toppling over the altar rail...boy would that have been a photo op!

Damn that would have been funny if he had slowly moved it away in a way to make it look like he was just about to put it in her hand....and she just toplpled over the rail....Royaly...LOL  what a bunch of prima dona butt heads
Can someone explain to me exactly what is happening in this picture.  I thought the HF only placed on the tongue.
Scipio_a Wrote:Royaly...LOL   what a bunch of prima dona butt heads

The last thing this woman is is a true Catholic monarch. King St. Fernando III, King St. Louis IX, Queen Isabella of Spain and countless others wouldn't even spit in her direction.
Teaching moment!
(11-08-2010, 11:25 PM)Joshua Wrote:
Scipio_a Wrote:Royaly...LOL   what a bunch of prima dona butt heads

The last thing this woman is is a true Catholic monarch. King St. Fernando III, King St. Louis IX, Queen Isabella of Spain and countless others wouldn't even spit in her direction.

She's actually Greek. She "converted" when she married.

Both she and the King are die-hard modernists, I'm afraid.
(11-08-2010, 11:22 PM)Walty Wrote: Can someone explain to me exactly what is happening in this picture.  I thought the HF only placed on the tongue.

Think again.

He also used to give communion to non-catholics, like Fr. Roger.
(11-08-2010, 10:38 PM)paragon Wrote: And learning from past experience, so we don't get fooled again.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
That debacle and spectacle is why the indult for communion in the hand needs to be removed and banned. Only when communion on the tongue is the only lawful manner of receiving communion, will these people stop this behavior. Catholics might actually get a clue about the real presence of Christ.