Pope made to look like a fool
(11-09-2010, 01:51 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 01:38 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Yeah which is to say a modernist.

I guess, if you go with the "everyone is a modernist by default" approach. If that's the case, though, then why even use the word? I remember back when the forum made every instance of the word "modernism" link back to the Catholic Encyclopedia's article. Seems like a waste of thousands of words if you could just replace the article with: "anyone who's not a trad Catholic".

In which case, the Queen's actions could simply be described: she's not a trad, so she has no clue what's going on or why what she did was wrong.

I would say that 99% of non trads are modernist by default yes. But most of it is through no fault of their own they have just been taught modernism by fey clerics these past 45 years.
(11-09-2010, 02:56 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: Your Majesty, please kneel before your King.

THAT is exactly what His Holiness should have said.
(11-09-2010, 04:26 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 02:56 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: Your Majesty, please kneel before your King.

THAT is exactly what His Holiness should have said.

Amen! :thumb:
(11-09-2010, 01:33 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 12:18 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Both she and the King are die-hard modernists, I'm afraid.

Honest question: how exactly can we say that Sofia is a modernist? I wasn't aware she had any public theological opinions to speak of. I figured she's just like any other average Novus Ordo Catholic, which is over 99% of all Catholics.

Some of the core traits of Modernism to name a few:

- The emancipation of the private conscience (from which arises the notion of a "democratic" church, collegiality, etc).
- An abhorrence of anything fixed and a spirit of constant doctrinal (and liturgical) evolution and flux.
- The desire to synchronize Catholicism with the intellectual, moral and social trends of today.
- The sentimental toleration of false religions as legitimate forms of worship and roads to eternal salvation (most will probably reject EENS in its entirety).

... etc.  Do these coincide with the majority of Novus-Ordo Catholics? I'd venture to say yes, in various degrees of severity. It just goes to show the nature of the unprecedented crisis we are in at the moment.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10415a.htm
(11-09-2010, 06:00 AM)Joshua Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 01:33 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 12:18 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Both she and the King are die-hard modernists, I'm afraid.

Honest question: how exactly can we say that Sofia is a modernist? I wasn't aware she had any public theological opinions to speak of. I figured she's just like any other average Novus Ordo Catholic, which is over 99% of all Catholics.

Some of the core traits of Modernism to name a few:

- The emancipation of the private conscience (from which arises the notion of a "democratic" church, collegiality, etc).
- An abhorrence of anything fixed and a spirit of constant doctrinal (and liturgical) evolution and flux.
- The desire to synchronize Catholicism with the intellectual, moral and social trends of today.
- The sentimental toleration of false religions as legitimate forms of worship and roads to eternal salvation (most will probably reject EENS in its entirety).

... etc.  Do these coincide with the majority of Novus-Ordo Catholics? I'd venture to say yes, in various degrees of severity. It just goes to show the nature of the unprecedented crisis we are in at the moment.

The only Catholics I know who hold these opinions strongly also fail continually in their Sunday obligation. Catholics I see actually attending church don't seem to hold these views. I just think we should be careful not to overstate the number of actual modernists.
(11-08-2010, 11:22 PM)Walty Wrote: Can someone explain to me exactly what is happening in this picture.  I thought the HF only placed on the tongue.

He does, but the Queen is acting like a horse's arse.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(11-08-2010, 10:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: "The modernist Spanish Queen Sofia demonstrates her low opinion of the Pope's "Reform of the Reform":

[Image: Queen+Spain+thwarts+the+reform+of+the+reform.jpg]

This image demonstrates just how fragile the Holy Father's "Reform of the Reform" is. Imagine how much better the Church would be today if Pope Paul VI had "proposed" the Novus Ordo instead of promulgating it! If the "Reform of the Reform" incrementally moves the faithful back to the Traditional Latin Mass, then it can be considered laudable to a degree. However, if considered within the context of the Novus Ordo alone, the "Reform of the Reform" is just another option among many, that can be opted away, even in the presence of the pope who "proposes" it."

in Ars Orandi.

Those priest sure do look pissed!
It's pretty hard to imagine that the queen didn't do this on purpose. Surely she saw how everyone before her received Holy Communion. If that didn't tip her off then the kneelers she's falling over and the altar server holding the paten would have made it pretty clear.
(11-09-2010, 09:43 AM)ketchum Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 10:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: "The modernist Spanish Queen Sofia demonstrates her low opinion of the Pope's "Reform of the Reform":

[Image: Queen+Spain+thwarts+the+reform+of+the+reform.jpg]

This image demonstrates just how fragile the Holy Father's "Reform of the Reform" is. Imagine how much better the Church would be today if Pope Paul VI had "proposed" the Novus Ordo instead of promulgating it! If the "Reform of the Reform" incrementally moves the faithful back to the Traditional Latin Mass, then it can be considered laudable to a degree. However, if considered within the context of the Novus Ordo alone, the "Reform of the Reform" is just another option among many, that can be opted away, even in the presence of the pope who "proposes" it."

in Ars Orandi.

Those priest sure do look pissed!

Look at the gentleman  whose head is directly above the queen's neck (the only with a full head of dark hair.  He looks pretty surprise to me to say the least, and I wouldn't say anyone else in the picture looks pleased about anything in particular - I would not be surprised if the gentleman directly next to Her Highness were quite upset.  While it doesn't seem possible to discern His Holiness' emotional state (he looks pretty emotionless to me) it seems safe to say those around him don't see pleased by Her Highness' disrespect for Our Lord.