Pope made to look like a fool
(11-09-2010, 12:26 PM)ggreg Wrote: She didn't seem to mind kneeling before King Bill and Queen Hilary.

[Image: article-0-0025F06800000258-992_634x903.jpg]

You've gotta love the look on Hillary Clinton's face.

Wow, I can see a lot of funny captions for this one, and since it is Bill Clinton, they probably would not be fit for a Catholic site.
(11-09-2010, 12:40 PM)Tulkas Wrote: Wow, I can see a lot of funny captions for this one, and since it is Bill Clinton, they probably would not be fit for a Catholic site.

You know, after experiencing the reign of Obama, Clinton wasn't so bad in a lot of ways.  But that's a topic for a different subforum.  :P
(11-09-2010, 12:26 PM)ggreg Wrote: You've gotta love the look on Hillary Clinton's face.

It's refreshing to see Hillary in a dress.
(11-09-2010, 11:35 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: At least Bill Clinton received on the tongue.

[Image: clinton_communion1.jpg]

So much for a "Catholic" monarchy when Protestant leaders of a Republic receive Communion more reverently (though illicitly).

That's not even an argument, as you should know.

The superiority of the Catholic monarchy over other types of government does not rest on anecdotes or circumstancial puns. Every monarchist knows there can be bad monarchs but even a bad king would outweigh the disadvantages of the "rule of the people." A tyrant can be deposed, a tyrant electorate cannot. Having said that, the picture you posted shows a sacrilege (a Protestant receiving communion). If anything, it would work against the Republic although in truth it's neither here nor there, the same way the picture of the Queen of Spain receiving in the hand does not count as an argument against monarchy but rather another argument against the "reform of the reform."
(11-09-2010, 01:02 PM)Ockham Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 12:26 PM)ggreg Wrote: You've gotta love the look on Hillary Clinton's face.

It's refreshing to see Hillary in a dress.

I must say that's a really nice dress. Very complimentary... and beats the livin' daylights out of those pants suits she usually wears.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(11-09-2010, 10:58 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 09:43 AM)ketchum Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 10:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: "The modernist Spanish Queen Sofia demonstrates her low opinion of the Pope's "Reform of the Reform":

[Image: Queen+Spain+thwarts+the+reform+of+the+reform.jpg]

This image demonstrates just how fragile the Holy Father's "Reform of the Reform" is. Imagine how much better the Church would be today if Pope Paul VI had "proposed" the Novus Ordo instead of promulgating it! If the "Reform of the Reform" incrementally moves the faithful back to the Traditional Latin Mass, then it can be considered laudable to a degree. However, if considered within the context of the Novus Ordo alone, the "Reform of the Reform" is just another option among many, that can be opted away, even in the presence of the pope who "proposes" it."

in Ars Orandi.

Those priest sure do look pissed!

Look at the gentleman  whose head is directly above the queen's neck (the only with a full head of dark hair.  He looks pretty surprise to me to say the least, and I wouldn't say anyone else in the picture looks pleased about anything in particular - I would not be surprised if the gentleman directly next to Her Highness were quite upset.  While it doesn't seem possible to discern His Holiness' emotional state (he looks pretty emotionless to me) it seems safe to say those around him don't see pleased by Her Highness' disrespect for Our Lord.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/P...phine1.jpg

[Image: Jacques-Louis_David_-_Consecration_of_th...phine1.jpg]

That's exactly what this reminds me of.

The preists, pope and deacon have a werid emotion on there faces some look blank some look upset and some are shocked.
I just can't understand why the Pope let it slide. Would it have been so hard to say that we receive on the tongue kneeling at Papal Masses. I mean she must have known that you receive that way because of the people in front of her.
(11-09-2010, 08:20 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I just can't understand why the Pope let it slide.

I'm not saying I agree, or this is it for certain,  I'm just offering a guess:  The Church is hated enough already, and by the Spanish government especially.  The last thing the Pope needed was an international incident over receiving Communion by a method that is, unfortunately, approved.  The Spanish - and other - secular press would have had a field day with it.

"Pope denies Queen Communion - rehash of Elizabeth of England?  Will he excommunicate next?"  "Rome disses Spain!"  Blah, blah, blah.  They'd say it was something personal because the Church allows CITH.

On top of that, she made herself look like a jackass internationally to anyone who cares, so really, she lost anyhow.
(11-09-2010, 08:27 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 08:20 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I just can't understand why the Pope let it slide.

I'm not saying I agree, or this is it for certain,  I'm just offering a guess:  The Church is hated enough already, and by the Spanish government especially.  The last thing the Pope needed was an international incident over receiving Communion by a method that is, unfortunately, approved.  The Spanish - and other - secular press would have had a field day with it.

"Pope denies Queen Communion - rehash of Elizabeth of England?  Will he excommunicate next?"  "Rome disses Spain!"  Blah, blah, blah.  They'd say it was something personal because the Church allows CITH.

On top of that, she made herself look like a jackass internationally to anyone who cares, so really, she lost anyhow.

True
(11-09-2010, 09:28 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 08:27 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

True

I think he was suprised and just went along with it