Dedication of Dorm Room
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Please forgive me if this is a foolish post. Would it be okay to dedicate one's dorm room to a particular saint? I am thinking of doing this and setting up a little shrine so that my roommate and I will be better equipped to deal with an occasion of sin if it arises (as sins always do in a college dorm lol). I can have one of the Franciscan Friars bless the room as well (they have a blessing of the rooms at the beginning of every year but I forgot to sign up for it). Any thoughts?? If it is a prudent idea, what saint should I choose?

Pax,
  Hammer
I wonder who the patron saint of avoiding getting so wasted you pass out and puke everywhere is. I would assume that this is the kind of saint you are looking for as the patron of your dorm. ;)
(11-09-2010, 05:44 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I wonder who the patron saint of avoiding getting so wasted you pass out and puke everywhere is. I would assume that this is the kind of saint you are looking for as the patron of your dorm. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I personally like to look to Saint Augustine as a good example of a man who went from a life of filthy impurity to singing with the Heavenly Host, and therefore can intercede on our behalf with particular empathy.  There are lots of such examples, but that's my personal favorite.  :)

Of course you could always choose the Blessed Virgin or Saint Joseph, especially if chastity (whether or body or mind) is a concern.
You can dedicate anything like that, and it's appropriate, but then you have to follow up on it with example and behavior.

Oh, there are lots of good Saints for college life including St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, St. Ignatius Loyola, etc.  But I think more importantly it should be a Saint you and your roommate identify with and whose example you will try to follow.  Pick someone you're wiling to talk to.
(11-09-2010, 05:44 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I wonder who the patron saint of avoiding getting so wasted you pass out and puke everywhere is. I would assume that this is the kind of saint you are looking for as the patron of your dorm. ;)

That's your guardian angel, and the hangover is a sign he's on the job making you pay for being a dumbass.  :)
(11-09-2010, 01:20 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

That's your guardian angel, and the hangover is a sign he's on the job making you pay for being a dumbass.  :)

Well said, Quis!  :laughing:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was a hypothetical question, though, right?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

(And Quis is on the money. :) )
Thanks everybody! I think I am going to choose St. Bernadine of Siena and St. Bonaventure. Since Siena is actually named after St. Bernadine and St. Bonaventure is considered a Franciscan saint-scholar, I feel as if they would be appropriate. Keep me in your prayers.

Pax,
  Hammer
Nice thread.