Wonderful Vignette of rare Padre Pio footage
Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
It's cool right? I love how he playfully swats at people with his rope. Too funny.

Padre Pio, ora pro nobis.
I got the chills watching it.  Thank you.
Seemed like he didn't want to be filmed...He was hitting the camera man in the arm!!

St. Padre Pio pray for me!!  :pray:
Wow, we read about Saints but rarely do we get to see them in action.  I was struck by how many people were approaching him for help, and I found myself wondering what their sufferings were....

Seeing the crazy Italian monks yelling at each other, gesticulating, and having a big plate of pasta in the refectory made me smile.

Notice at 7:00 and 7:20 he make the sign of the cross with three points rather than four.

Just shows you that even saints vary and you should read too much into externals.  He clearly was not being slapdash about it like Tuco in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.  That was just his way.
God bless you for posting this, Beatissima Mariae!

St. Padre Pio, ora pro nobis!  :pray:
Oh, my! I am reduced to puddles of tears! The music here comes from the score of Padre Pio-Miracle Man. You MUST see this movie. The actor who plays the Padre, as well as the other actors representing these friars you see here in this vignette, must have watched old film clips like these over and over to get their mannerisms so down-pat. I just love the Italians, they are so real. Yes, our saints are real people! 
(11-09-2010, 02:54 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Oh, my! I am reduced to puddles of tears! The music here comes from the score of Padre Pio-Miracle Man. You MUST see this movie. The actor who plays the Padre, as well as the other actors representing these friars you see here in this vignette, must have watched old film clips like these over and over to get their mannerisms so down-pat. I just love the Italians, they are so real. Yes, our saints are real people! 

Yes, an absolute must see. It is easily one of the best films I've ever seen. Easy.