Wonderful Vignette of rare Padre Pio footage
(11-09-2010, 03:07 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 02:54 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Oh, my! I am reduced to puddles of tears! The music here comes from the score of Padre Pio-Miracle Man. You MUST see this movie. The actor who plays the Padre, as well as the other actors representing these friars you see here in this vignette, must have watched old film clips like these over and over to get their mannerisms so down-pat. I just love the Italians, they are so real. Yes, our saints are real people! 

Yes, an absolute must see. It is easily one of the best films I've ever seen. Easy.

Isn't it though? I own that film and have watched it at least a dozen times so far!
Just wonderful!
Good stuff.
(11-09-2010, 03:07 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 02:54 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Oh, my! I am reduced to puddles of tears! The music here comes from the score of Padre Pio-Miracle Man. You MUST see this movie. The actor who plays the Padre, as well as the other actors representing these friars you see here in this vignette, must have watched old film clips like these over and over to get their mannerisms so down-pat. I just love the Italians, they are so real. Yes, our saints are real people! 

Yes, an absolute must see. It is easily one of the best films I've ever seen. Easy.

That movie is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing. I'm reminded of this photo of St. Pio with Archbishop Lefebvre:

[Image: Padre_Pio_kissing_the_sacred_ring.jpg]

(11-09-2010, 11:38 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: Thanks for sharing. I'm reminded of this photo of St. Pio with Archbishop Lefebvre:

Aw, how nice. :)

That reminds me of Saint Pio's statement regarding Vatican II: "For pity sake, end the Council quickly."

I have a feeling that if he lived longer and saw the modernist garbage in many places, he would have become an SSPX priest.
(11-10-2010, 08:18 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 11:38 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: Thanks for sharing. I'm reminded of this photo of St. Pio with Archbishop Lefebvre:

That reminds me of Saint Pio's statement regarding Vatican II: "For pity sake, end the Council quickly."

I have a feeling that if he lived longer and saw the modernist garbage in many places, he would have become an SSPX priest.

I agree Pax. Its funny but you never hear the Neo Catholics mention that little tid bit about St Pio.
(11-10-2010, 08:23 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-10-2010, 08:18 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote:

I agree Pax. Its funny but you never hear the Neo Catholics mention that little tid bit about St Pio.

I would imagine it's for the same reason why they shun Pope Saint Pius X, Pope Saint Pius V, and all the other traditional Popes for Pope John Paul "the Great" (how I cringe when I hear that): they want to plug their ears and go "la la la I can't heaaaar youuuuu" when Tradition and Truth are mentioned.
Did he ever even say one NO Mass? I know he had permission to say TLM till his death, but I wonder if he ever said even one. I doubt it.
(11-10-2010, 09:10 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: Did he ever even say one NO Mass? I know he had permission to say TLM till his death, but I wonder if he ever said even one. I doubt it.

The NO hadn't been promulgated when he died.