I'm feeling vulnerable and in need of advice, please.
(11-09-2010, 10:39 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Don't beat yourself up over it lass! Just always keep your wits! Also be very smart it's an ugly fallen world!
Maintain and keep control and u will be fine
just be very carefully what info u share and post online and really I sugest not posting your pics and such on line
anyhoooo
stay safe!!!

Thank you kindly! :D

Some good has come of this: I've left places that were occasions of sin and I've been trying to spend less time online.
(11-09-2010, 10:39 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: just be very carefully what info u share and post online and really I sugest not posting your pics and such on line

You should be very carefully too ;)
(11-09-2010, 10:39 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Don't beat yourself up over it lass! Just always keep your wits! Also be very smart it's an ugly fallen world!
Maintain and keep control and u will be fine
just be very carefully what info u share and post online and really I sugest not posting your pics and such on line
anyhoooo
stay safe!!!

This...also
(11-09-2010, 10:46 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 10:39 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: just be very carefully what info u share and post online and really I sugest not posting your pics and such on line

You should be very carefully too ;)
lol
"Internet predator" "Sexual abuse"?  Ummm, no, that's silly. 
(11-09-2010, 10:59 AM)PeterII Wrote: "Internet predator" "Sexual abuse"?  Ummm, no, that's silly. 

?
I'm a bit confused.  I mean, well, to be blunt, some of it is your fault.  Yes, you were manipulated, but you can just hit the power switch and the problem goes bye-bye.  It's not like someone was physically coercing you or threatening you with a gun, at least according to what you said.

I think the best thing to do is realize your part in this is the failure to not just say "no" - which you did -  but also to walk away from the situation - which you didn't do, and having confessed it, realize God has forgiven you and move on.  There is no reason to feel vulnerable because you learned a valuable lesson - there are pervs on the net.

And remember where the power switch is.   It makes a fine panic button - just press it and the problem will for the most part instantly go away.

And throw away the webcam.  You don't need it.  I've been using computers for 30 years and have used a webcam a total of zero times.  They're just a good way to get in trouble.
I think that the first step to overcoming this is to accept your responsibility for what happened.  Certainly you were manipulated, but you also had the option of getting yourself out of what was obviously a near occasion of sin.  Your culpability may have been lessened, but you do bear a certain amount of responsibility.  I'm also not certain if the term "Internet predator" is quite appropriate, especially since the type of thing you experienced seems to be very common in the "dating" scene these days (as frightening as that is).  I've had several male co-workers tell me that women they had just started dating would send them nude photos unsolicited.  The fact that this is so common has skewed perceptions of what is normal and acceptable.  It is possible that the man you met has dated many other young women who engaged in the conduct he was pressuring you into quite willingly and expressed no regrets afterward.  In his mind, he probably thought he was "freeing" you from some Christian "hangup."

All that being said, you just made a mistake.  You are very young, and at 19 it is very common to dive into sexual sin without considering the consequences.  This is especially true if you are being coaxed/coerced by someone older.  I made many mistakes in this area when I was in college (many completely of my own free will, sadly), so I know how you are feeling.  The important thing is that you went to confession; regardless of your level of culpability, you are forgiven.  The horror you still feel over this sin is a good thing, and it should move you to do penance to cleanse any remaining effects of the sin from your soul.  You have also made a very wise decision in cutting off contact with this man.  I would take this as a lesson learned, and use the memory of how you felt afterward to deter you from putting yourself in such a position in the future.

I will keep you in my prayers.  :pray:
What Quis said.

Take the webcam and throw it in the garbage.  If you are good looking then they are often an occasion of sin for the person looking at you and if you are ugly, like me, then they would rather not look at you anyway.

I use Skype to talk to people all the time and have never understood the reason to see them sitting in their house and scratching their nose.  Hearing their voice is plenty good enough to communicate with them.
@ Quis: Yes, I do realize that what I did wrong was not walking away. I try to comfort myself a bit by reminding myself that I'm only nineteen and I'm hormonally predisposed to these sorts of things.

I can't throw the webcam away, I'm afraid. It's built into my laptop.