I'm feeling vulnerable and in need of advice, please.
(11-09-2010, 06:46 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Calling a person as described a predator is appropriate, Like the great serpent, he led her astray.

Predator means one who hunts prey.  You are saying that this person goes around the internet looking for people to take advantage of.  I saw no reason to believe such a thing.  He could easily be a typical young person of this culture with completely messed up sexual morality who did no know the right way to behave in the situation.

I know that everyone means well but telling Pax how bad this guy is and how little culpability she has is not really helping her.  I was once in a situation where I behaved badly and I listened to people who told me this kind of thing.  It was very bad for me spiritually.
(11-09-2010, 07:14 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: I was making the assumption she may have told her priest more information than she posted. Still I don't think she's using these words to deny that she needed forgiveness.

It is possible there are relevant things we have not been told.  Given the information we have, I would say that she has done very well in spite of getting some bad advice.
(11-09-2010, 07:19 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 07:14 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: I was making the assumption she may have told her priest more information than she posted. Still I don't think she's using these words to deny that she needed forgiveness.

It is possible there are relevant things we have not been told.  Given the information we have, I would say that she has done very well in spite of getting some bad advice.

I'd say she did alright before the bad advice. She cut off the contact and got to confession.
(11-09-2010, 07:50 PM)kimbaichan Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 07:19 PM)JayneK Wrote: It is possible there are relevant things we have not been told.  Given the information we have, I would say that she has done very well in spite of getting some bad advice.

I'd say she did alright before the bad advice. She cut off the contact and got to confession.

Yes, it is very good she did this.  She does not need to hear people telling her culpability is less or the young man's culpability is more.  She does not need to be concerned with culpability at all.  God knows exactly how culpable she is and He forgave her in the Sacrament.  We ought to encourage her to focus on this forgiveness rather than speculate about culpability.
(11-09-2010, 07:19 PM)JayneK Wrote:

Yes, I have left some things out out of discomfort.

I just want to add that I am being medicated for manic (bipolar) episodes and I was off this medication at the time, plus I had stayed up the night before, so I was likely in the middle of a manic episode. The disorder itself hypersexualizes people.

Thank you all so much for your advice.
I think we've analyzed someone's personal and very private life enough, so I'm going to cut it short here before things become uncomfortable.  There is good advice already, so I dunno.

Pax, if you feel the need for more advice or prayers, feel free to start another thread.  I'm cutting off us forum members, not you.