I'm feeling vulnerable and in need of advice, please.
This seems to be a matter of human weakness.

We are weak, vulnerable and truly helpless without God.

Quote:Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak: heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled. And my soul is troubled exceedingly: but thou, O Lord, how long? Turn to me, O Lord, and deliver my soul: O save me for thy mercy's sake.

You should avoid all such people, even if they are not malicious. We can easily be led astray by the social influence of others unless we are constantly on our guard. I have done many things because of the influence of others that I should not have done (in my case, mainly mild gossip or crude jokes). Now, the guilt of such things is quite low in the beginning, but it increases if we continue to seek it out. Think of this, you feel ill because of this. If you were truly guilty, you would not feel any at all. The grace to feel this way is a powerful reminder of God's love, our choices (to follow God...the feeling would disappear if we hardened our hearts):  http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/2010/10/...d-sin.html

Whatever you did, it is forgiven (in confession). Whatever this other person did, there is clearly a hardness of heart involved to pressure anyone to violate natural virtues. Cut off contact. Even if he was honest there, he is clearly blind and unable to be a good influence.

Now, the "fault" is not simple. Adam sinned because of being coaxed also, but he was forgiven. It is not possible to normally absolve ourselves of the responsibility, but once we recognise the extent of our responsibility and seek forgiveness, then we can be at peace. Our wills are weak and easily influenced. Often times, the sin is only in not being vigilant enough in avoiding the incident.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I'm feeling vulnerable and in need of advice, please. - by Historian - 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM