"The Most Profound Moment in Movie History"
If it is profound you're after then this movie is full of profound moments.

(11-12-2010, 08:17 AM)ggreg Wrote: If it is profound you're after then this movie is full of profound moments.

Can't find a video clip but

The Duke of Norfolk: Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!
Sir Thomas More: And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?
(11-12-2010, 08:21 AM)Bearded Man Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 08:17 AM)ggreg Wrote: If it is profound you're after then this movie is full of profound moments.

Can't find a video clip but

The Duke of Norfolk: Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!
Sir Thomas More: And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?

Oh yeah!
Man for all seasons. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
(11-12-2010, 07:25 AM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: Pay close attention from 2 minutes on in this clip. 

Yes indeed - anther great one!
Voxpopulisuxx;
  No, I thought was the line from animal house, when Belushi was on the stairs. It was in reference to fisheaters being the animal house for trads. I thought that comment was very funny, and for me it puts this place in context. I thought others would get a laugh, but it appears I'm misunderstood.
tim
Archbishop Becket: "Robert… Robert de Belmont, hear me for the sake of your soul, which is in the gravest danger. All in this assembly know how faithfully I’ve served my lord the king. It is he who willed that I be archbishop and it was for love of him alone that I accepted. I’m innocent of any wrongdoing in my administration of the king’s treasury as chancellor or at any other time. I therefore refuse to plea to these trumped-up charges. I will be judged by the pope alone, to whom before you all I now appeal and place myself and my Church under his protection. As head of the Church of England, and as your spiritual father, I forbid you to pass judgment on me. I command you and all who would charge me to hold your peace on pain of endangering your immortal souls."

:clap:

If you're looking for it, it starts at 8:23 on St. Thomas a Becket 1964 10 of 15 (YouTube).  ;)

LOL, I started on the video that Hawaii Five-0 posted and have been watching the whole movie on YouTube.  :laughing:
Another one that is full of profound moments is "A Raisin in the Sun"

Great film