"The Most Profound Moment in Movie History"
(11-12-2010, 09:01 AM)timoose Wrote: Voxpopulisuxx;
  No, I thought was the line from animal house, when Belushi was on the stairs. It was in reference to fisheaters being the animal house for trads. I thought that comment was very funny, and for me it puts this place in context. I thought others would get a laugh, but it appears I'm misunderstood.
tim

I liked, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!"
(11-12-2010, 09:22 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Archbishop Becket: "Robert… Robert de Belmont, hear me for the sake of your soul, which is in the gravest danger. All in this assembly know how faithfully I’ve served my lord the king. It is he who willed that I be archbishop and it was for love of him alone that I accepted. I’m innocent of any wrongdoing in my administration of the king’s treasury as chancellor or at any other time. I therefore refuse to plea to these trumped-up charges. I will be judged by the pope alone, to whom before you all I now appeal and place myself and my Church under his protection. As head of the Church of England, and as your spiritual father, I forbid you to pass judgment on me. I command you and all who would charge me to hold your peace on pain of endangering your immortal souls."

:clap:

If you're looking for it, it starts at 8:23 on St. Thomas a Becket 1964 10 of 15 (YouTube).  ;)

LOL, I started on the video that Hawaii Five-0 posted and have been watching the whole movie on YouTube.  :laughing:

Here's another great scene from Becket...

Definitely the most profound moment in movie history!  ;D

(11-12-2010, 04:54 PM)geogeer Wrote: Definitely the most profound moment in movie history!  ;D

I had to play the part of  inigo in my english class I HATED to have to reapeat myself so much
(11-12-2010, 05:34 PM)ketchum Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 04:54 PM)geogeer Wrote: Definitely the most profound moment in movie history!  ;D

I had to play the part of  inigo in my english class I HATED to have to reapeat myself so much

Your English course wasted a valuable book-slot on Goldman?!?
(11-12-2010, 05:38 PM)Bearded Man Wrote: Your English course wasted a valuable book-slot on Goldman?!?

You had to know that was coming!  ;D
Becket and A man for all Seasons are two of the best film ever made. They are both in my top 5.
(11-12-2010, 03:58 PM)icecream Wrote:

The wonderful Ben Johnson. Here's a great Bonanza episode with him:

See the rest on youtube.