Beautiful churches
(01-11-2011, 07:17 PM)CC Wrote: [Image: chapel051104b.jpg]  [Image: chapel051104c.jpg]

Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel
Summit Country Day School--Cincinnati, OH

When I lived in Ohio, I attended Summit for a few years and this was our school’s chapel. I remember walking into it the very first time and being amazed. Though it could never compare to the likes of Saint Peter’s Basilica and other churches, I still think it's beautiful.

Beautiful church, and, now we have THREE CC's!  :)
(01-11-2011, 07:26 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The Patriarchal Cathedral of St. Mary Major, Lisbon, Portugal. Built in the 12th century.

[Image: 250px-Se_de_Lisboa_Frente.JPG]

"The Lisbon cathedral is a Latin cross building with three aisles, a transept and a main chapel surrounded by an ambulatory. The church is connected with a cloister on the Eastern side. The main façade of the cathedral looks like a fortress, with two towers flanking the entrance and crenellations over the walls. This menacing appearance, also seen in other Portuguese cathedrals of the time, is a relic from the Reconquista period, when the cathedral could be used as a base to attack the enemy during a siege."

AWESOME.
(01-11-2011, 07:34 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 07:26 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The Patriarchal Cathedral of St. Mary Major, Lisbon, Portugal. Built in the 12th century.

"The Lisbon cathedral is a Latin cross building with three aisles, a transept and a main chapel surrounded by an ambulatory. The church is connected with a cloister on the Eastern side. The main façade of the cathedral looks like a fortress, with two towers flanking the entrance and crenellations over the walls. This menacing appearance, also seen in other Portuguese cathedrals of the time, is a relic from the Reconquista period, when the cathedral could be used as a base to attack the enemy during a siege."

AWESOME.

And un-ecumenical too.
(01-11-2011, 07:36 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 07:34 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

AWESOME.

And un-ecumenical too.

Rofl.  Maybe in your modern church.  ;)    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Unfortunately, the current Cardinal Patriarch has clear modernist tendencies. He hates the TLM and has practically forbidden it in the Lisbon diocese.

The next in line to succeed him is even worse.
(01-11-2011, 08:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Unfortunately, the current Cardinal Patriarch has clear modernist tendencies. He hates the TLM and has practically forbidden it in the Lisbon diocese.

:(

Maybe you'll get lucky.  We had Abp. Weakland, and now we have Abp. Listecki, who is kinda trad-friendly.
(01-11-2011, 09:31 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 08:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Unfortunately, the current Cardinal Patriarch has clear modernist tendencies. He hates the TLM and has practically forbidden it in the Lisbon diocese.

Maybe you'll get lucky.  We had Abp. Weakland, and now we have Abp. Listecki, who is kinda trad-friendly.

I don't think so.

Our current episcopate is just too bad to be true. Perhaps the younger ones will be better, who knows?
(01-11-2011, 09:49 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 09:31 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

I don't think so.

Our current episcopate is just too bad to be true. Perhaps the younger ones will be better, who knows?

(01-11-2011, 10:03 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: :(

I have hope in God.

And that's it.
This thread is like water for the thirsty.