Beautiful churches
The most "Beautiful Church" is the one where you worship and where you meet God -
(St. Vincent de Paul (SSPX) - Kansas City MO)

[Image: StVincentdePaul04.jpg]
Well, ya beat me to Notre Dame Basilica! This is a pic I took during Corpus Christi this year. I love that our Cardinal-Archbishop insists on celebrating the feast on the traditional Thursday night.

[Image: photo2.jpg]

I visited the Benedictine monastery St Benoit du Lac during Canadian Thanksgiving. It's fairly austere inside, but the surroundings are magnificent.

[Image: K.jpg]

This is the Sanctuary of the Holy Sacrament in Montreal, run by the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem - an urban monastic order dedicated to Eucharistic adoration and the celebration of the divine office

[Image: M.jpg]

And in a city with four basilicas, this is my neighbourhood French parish church. I've only actually gone there once, for the feast of St Faustina Kowalska - where there was mass, eucharistic adoration and the chaplet of divine mercy.

[Image: N.jpg]
Hi ,

WOW,Its amazing and beautiful churches pictures.Specially (icecream) post is very beautiful.
(11-12-2010, 03:44 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Well, ya beat me to Notre Dame Basilica! This is a pic I took during Corpus Christi this year. I love that our Cardinal-Archbishop insists on celebrating the feast on the traditional Thursday night.

[Image: photo2.jpg]

I visited the Benedictine monastery St Benoit du Lac during Canadian Thanksgiving. It's fairly austere inside, but the surroundings are magnificent.

[Image: K.jpg]

This is the Sanctuary of the Holy Sacrament in Montreal, run by the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem - an urban monastic order dedicated to Eucharistic adoration and the celebration of the divine office

[Image: M.jpg]

And in a city with four basilicas, this is my neighbourhood French parish church. I've only actually gone there once, for the feast of St Faustina Kowalska - where there was mass, eucharistic adoration and the chaplet of divine mercy.

[Image: N.jpg]

I love this church I've only seen pics but its enough to make me want to move to Canada.
(11-12-2010, 01:16 AM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: It's a Catholic church in Poland. Look, it has its own all-seeing eye!

I think that structure was built for a papal visit. Obviously it's ugly, but the all-seeing eye is actually relatively common in traditional Catholic and Eastern Orthodox art in places like Poland, Russia and other places in Eastern Europe. Granted, it's done in a tacky manner there, but in and of itself, it is not a bad thing.
(11-12-2010, 01:16 AM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: We may as well close the thread right now. I've just found the most beautiful church this side of Vatican II!!

[Image: catholic_church_poland.jpg]

It's a Catholic church in Poland. Look, it has its own all-seeing eye!

LOL!
[Image: 3348826329_1db02479ef.jpg?v=0]

[Image: Valletta_StPaulShipwreckCh_int_1.jpg]

St Paul Shipwreck Church, Valetta, Malta.
I will second the National Shrine in DC...I love the crypt chapel though...

[Image: shrine16.jpg]

[Image: shrine15.jpg]

[Image: shrine13.jpg]

[Image: shrine17.jpg]

Here are more shots of the main Church...

[Image: shrine10.jpg]

[Image: shrine1.jpg]

[Image: shrine5.jpg]

[Image: shrine7.jpg]

[Image: shrine11.jpg]

[Image: shrine18.jpg]

Las Lajas Sanctuary is breath-taking:

[Image: 043750.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1335]
[Image: The-Sanctuary-of-Our-Lady-of-Las-Lajas--Columbia.jpg]
whats the symbolism of fire coming from jesus's head, petertherock? it kind of has satanic vibe to it

vivace, las lajas amazing!