The Pope Plans to Allow Women to the Office of Lector
(11-14-2010, 12:32 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 12:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 05:01 PM)Bearded Man Wrote: Every NO Mass I have ever attended has had a female lector...

I attend NO Masses regularly (4-6 times per week), and while the majority of the EMHCs are women, I have seen more male lectors than female. At the weekday morning Masses, the lectors are almost exclusively male. On Sundays, it's closer to 50-50, but still more male I think. This is only one parish, of course, but I would be surprised if it's all female elsewhere.

At the NO I used to attend the Priest always had  cute little honeys in their early twenties in short skirts and low cut tops reading the old testament and epistle (hence the term epistle babe). At Christmas and Easter there was a male and those were the only times. See whats going on here is this is becoming a wide practice so our modernist Pope caves. I am telling you people with women being ordained illicitly I give it 10-15 years before some other modernist Pope caves to women Priests. Unless Catholicism is restored to the Church of Rome.

Even at the Cathedral the vast majority of the EM's are female, young, and clad in short skirts. It is heart-breaking really to be in a parish that has such beautiful traditional architecture yet such irreverence...
(11-14-2010, 03:06 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 07:29 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I give the Heretical Conciliar Church 10-15 years before it ordains womyn.
Not going to happen.  Were the unlikely event to happen, I [and most others here] would probably end up a Sedes.  Suffice it to say, I'd probably also assume the End would be nigh, near then as well. Prayer, penance, and the Catholic Faith.  I won't mention it further for sake of forum rules.  However, it's just my opinion.

I hope your right Virgil but the way I see it Rome just caves to PC causes once enough people ignore the Vatican and just start doing them, i.e. communion in hand girl altar boys women lectors next it'll be women deacons I say 5 years before we see that and then full blown dykes in chasubles prancing up to the altar. Mark my words. :grandpa:
(11-14-2010, 03:18 AM)Bearded Man Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 12:32 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-14-2010, 12:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 05:01 PM)Bearded Man Wrote: Every NO Mass I have ever attended has had a female lector...

I attend NO Masses regularly (4-6 times per week), and while the majority of the EMHCs are women, I have seen more male lectors than female. At the weekday morning Masses, the lectors are almost exclusively male. On Sundays, it's closer to 50-50, but still more male I think. This is only one parish, of course, but I would be surprised if it's all female elsewhere.

At the NO I used to attend the Priest always had  cute little honeys in their early twenties in short skirts and low cut tops reading the old testament and epistle (hence the term epistle babe). At Christmas and Easter there was a male and those were the only times. See whats going on here is this is becoming a wide practice so our modernist Pope caves. I am telling you people with women being ordained illicitly I give it 10-15 years before some other modernist Pope caves to women Priests. Unless Catholicism is restored to the Church of Rome.

Even at the Cathedral the vast majority of the EM's are female, young, and clad in short skirts. It is heart-breaking really to be in a parish that has such beautiful traditional architecture yet such irreverence...

True and it shouldn't be an occasion of sin to look at the person reading the epistle.
well,  the results of trying to accommodate both sides. Perhaps throwing out the "Ordinary" Form would be far less painful than they fear, if we have to deal with stupid results like this. Sure, women lectors are everywhere and have been so for some time,  but to have the Vatican issues this is very disappointing.

::)
Kreuz.net has a bit of a different view:

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ke-up.html

The OF Masses I've attended in several states, the UK, Europe, have had about 50% male lectors, 50% female lectors.
(11-14-2010, 11:33 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Kreuz.net has a bit of a different view:

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ke-up.html

OK, so the title of the thread is the Pope plans to.  That article says the pope is considering it.  Which is it?  Because that's a fairly large difference.

I'm thinking more than likely this is either Ouellet's personal fantasy or a trial balloon on his part to force the issue.  I would not have been surprised if JP2 did such a thing.  With B16, I would be mildly surprised but mostly extremely disappointed.

Right now I have to bet it won't happen.  If he's bringing in the Anglicans with one hand and making things more like perverted Anglicanism with the other, it's just bizarre.

On the other hand, post-V2 there have been a lot of bizarre things...

Sigh.
(11-14-2010, 03:06 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 07:29 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I give the Heretical Conciliar Church 10-15 years before it ordains womyn.
Not going to happen. 

There were alot of people who said the same thing 50+ years ago before Vat. II: 

Vulgar languages replacing Latin?  Not gonna happen. 
The Holy Mass replaced?  Not gonna happen. 
Women in the sanctuary?  Not gonna happen. 
Communion in the hand?  Not gonna happen.
Lay people distributing Communion?  Not gonna happen.
Female Lectors?  Not gonna happen.
Female Altar boys?  Not gonna happen.

Whoops!   Look what happened........ :o

I'd give it more like five years instead of 10-15.   

[Image: jessica_rowley.jpg]

Say hello to "Fr." Jessica
The Church will never ordain women because she has no authority to do so. It's not a simple matter of discipline that can be changed or relaxed, even unwisely so. If the Church ordained women one day, she would be directly violating what Our Lord instituted and thus, would epically fail in her mission. In other words, the gates of Hell would have prevailed.

By faith, we know it cannot happen. Even during the troublesome years of John Paul II, that perversion was avoided and explicitly condemned. That was encouraging.
(11-17-2010, 10:40 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The Church will never ordain women because she has no authority to do so. It's not a simple matter of discipline that can be changed or relaxed, even unwisely so. If the Church ordained women one day, she would be directly violating what Our Lord instituted and thus, would epically fail in her mission. In other words, the gates of Hell would have prevailed.

By faith, we know it cannot happen. Even during the troublesome years of John Paul II, that perversion was avoided and explicitly condemned. That was encouraging.

Amen, Vetus, Amen! :)