The Pope Plans to Allow Women to the Office of Lector
(11-20-2010, 12:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I am amazed at the number of posters who seem to accept the defectibility of the Church and the possibility that, contrary to our Lord's promise, the gates of hell will prevail against Her!

I guess it depends on what "defectible" means.  A whole lot of damage can be done without crossing that line.  The devil asked Christ for more time to attack the Church, Christ gave it to him.  He's going to be pushing every boundary he can.

If every prelate in the Church, including the Pope, were rounded up and executed (God forbid) by the secular humanists except 2 bishops who preach orthodoxy, the gates have not prevailed.  But, I'm hoping for a little more than that.  ;D  In which case, it's up to us humans (clerics and laity) to do the right things so we don't get to that point.

The fact that JP2 - of all Popes - authoritatively squashed women's ordinations is kinda proof to me that Christ is keeping His promise.  But that doesn't mean the Modernists and Liberals aren't still trying to push the envelope with an "office" that is not an office in the ordinary sense of the word.  That's their loophole - making women "official" without the need to ordain them.

(11-18-2010, 06:19 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 09:24 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Even if things don't get to the point where women are (invalidly) ordained, there's a lot of bad ideas that can happen outside of that.  For example, they can open up homilies to the laity, etc. so that women (and laymen) become de facto priests.  I mean, think of a Communion service without a priest but a female (or lay male) "presider" doing everything besides the Consecration and Sacrifice.  That for sure could happen with the track things are on.

B16 has slowed the runaway V2 train, and I'm still hopeful he will put it back on the tracks.  But, time will tell.

Yeah, this seems like another trial baloon, like the whole issue with "limbo" and his appeal to modernity by beatifying Cardinal Newman, for example. 

I think we're going to have to disagree on the limbo issue, and I don't know much about Cdl. Newman so...
(11-20-2010, 04:23 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I guess it depends on what "defectible" means.  A whole lot of damage can be done without crossing that line.  The devil asked Christ for more time to attack the Church, Christ gave it to him.  He's going to be pushing every boundary he can.

If every prelate in the Church, including the Pope, were rounded up and executed (God forbid) by the secular humanists except 2 bishops who preach orthodoxy, the gates have not prevailed.  But, I'm hoping for a little more than that.   ;D  In which case, it's up to us humans (clerics and laity) to do the right things so we don't get to that point.

The fact that JP2 - of all Popes - authoritatively squashed women's ordinations is kinda proof to me that Christ is keeping His promise.  But that doesn't mean the Modernists and Liberals aren't still trying to push the envelope with an "office" that is not an office in the ordinary sense of the word.   That's their loophole - making women "official" without the need to ordain them.

Thanks. This has to be the best reply in this thread!!! No wonder, you are the moderator!! :D :thumb:
(11-20-2010, 04:24 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 09:24 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Even if things don't get to the point where women are (invalidly) ordained, there's a lot of bad ideas that can happen outside of that.  For example, they can open up homilies to the laity, etc. so that women (and laymen) become de facto priests.  I mean, think of a Communion service without a priest but a female (or lay male) "presider" doing everything besides the Consecration and Sacrifice.  That for sure could happen with the track things are on.

B16 has slowed the runaway V2 train, and I'm still hopeful he will put it back on the tracks.  But, time will tell.

Yeah, this seems like another trial baloon, like the whole issue with "limbo" and his appeal to modernity by beatifying Cardinal Newman, for example. 

I think we're going to have to disagree on the limbo issue, and I don't know much about Cdl. Newman so...

Disagree how?
(11-20-2010, 06:42 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Disagree how?

I'm assuming you have a problem with what was said about limbo.  I don't.  If I assumed incorrectly, I apologize.
(11-20-2010, 05:58 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 04:23 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I guess it depends on what "defectible" means.  A whole lot of damage can be done without crossing that line.  The devil asked Christ for more time to attack the Church, Christ gave it to him.  He's going to be pushing every boundary he can.

If every prelate in the Church, including the Pope, were rounded up and executed (God forbid) by the secular humanists except 2 bishops who preach orthodoxy, the gates have not prevailed.  But, I'm hoping for a little more than that.   ;D  In which case, it's up to us humans (clerics and laity) to do the right things so we don't get to that point.

The fact that JP2 - of all Popes - authoritatively squashed women's ordinations is kinda proof to me that Christ is keeping His promise.  But that doesn't mean the Modernists and Liberals aren't still trying to push the envelope with an "office" that is not an office in the ordinary sense of the word.   That's their loophole - making women "official" without the need to ordain them.

Thanks. This has to be the best reply in this thread!!! No wonder, you are the moderator!! :D :thumb:

Hey, uh, cft, you've got something on your nose there...
(11-20-2010, 07:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 06:42 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Disagree how?

I'm assuming you have a problem with what was said about limbo.  I don't.  If I assumed incorrectly, I apologize.

I don't have a problem with what he said, per se, because I'm not really sure I understand what he said.  He's capable of making mistakes of that nature, though, and I guess what I was pointing at had more to do with how the media creates a sheitstorm around his person, like with the Regensburg Speech when he cited a Byzantine Emperor about Muslims, and his comment about Condoms not being effective against AIDS  etc... It is in essence, the manipultion of a kind of moral panic and hysteria as recounted by Paulo Rodari and Andrea Tornielli.  Sorry for the confusion.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ieged.html
(11-20-2010, 07:46 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Hey, uh, cft, you've got something on your nose there...

What exactly do you mean by that comment?? ???  If it was meant to put me down then I don't appreciate it!

I just  wholeheartedly agreed with what he said, so I simply replied to it! Don't see the big deal in the matter!!!
(11-20-2010, 10:43 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 07:46 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Hey, uh, cft, you've got something on your nose there...

What exactly do you mean by that comment?? ???  If it was meant to put me down then I don't appreciate it!

I just  wholeheartedly agreed with what he said, so I simply replied to it! Don't see the big deal in the matter!!!

Eh, he's just teasing you.

Everyone knows I'm only the moderator because I pay the Internet bills.    Get a credit card, setup a forum, and you can be a moderator, too!  ;D
(11-21-2010, 03:51 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 10:43 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:

Eh, he's just teasing you.

Everyone knows I'm only the moderator because I pay the Internet bills.    Get a credit card, setup a forum, and you can be a moderator, too!   ;D

Ok, no biggie....I'm  too gullible anyway!! ;D