Poll: Do you agree that the missionary position is the ideal position for marital sex and that it is ordinarily the only licit sex position?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Missionary position
(11-17-2010, 08:20 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 08:19 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: you"ll get pregnant....
No I won't. Even if I were married, I am still a man and incapable of becoming pregnant.
No sh*t sherlock....
(11-17-2010, 08:24 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 08:19 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: This whole thread is making me laugh....and trust me, no matter what way ya do it, if the stuff ends up where it should, you"ll get pregnant....

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily ok to do absolutely anything you can come up with.
And why not??? Your married for a LOOOOOOONG time, you have to keep things interesting. As long as it ends up where it should, its all good (thats what my priest said)
(11-17-2010, 09:07 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 08:19 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: This whole thread is making me laugh....and trust me, no matter what way ya do it, if the stuff ends up where it should, you"ll get pregnant....

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily ok to do absolutely anything you can come up with.
And why not??? Your married for a LOOOOOOONG time, you have to keep things interesting. As long as it ends up where it should, its all good (thats what my priest said)

The ends do not justify the means. I ask this seriously, since I wonder about these things - can we justify sex acts that are evil in principle by saying that they will lead to conception? Are there sex acts that are evil in principle?
(11-17-2010, 09:10 PM)ardens Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 09:07 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:

The ends do not justify the means. I ask this seriously, since I wonder about these things - can we justify sex acts that are evil in principle by saying that they will lead to conception? Are there sex acts that are evil in principle?

what do you mean by evil? I mean, I can understand classifying sodomy as wrong, but isnt everything else just fair game?
(11-17-2010, 09:07 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: The ends do not justify the means. I ask this seriously, since I wonder about these things - can we justify sex acts that are evil in principle by saying that they will lead to conception? Are there sex acts that are evil in principle?

what do you mean by evil? I mean, I can understand classifying sodomy as wrong, but isnt everything else just fair game?

??? I guess that's what I'm asking you. Doesn't the Church say every sex act besides vaginal sex is intrinsically evil?
(11-17-2010, 09:14 PM)ardens Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 09:07 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: The ends do not justify the means. I ask this seriously, since I wonder about these things - can we justify sex acts that are evil in principle by saying that they will lead to conception? Are there sex acts that are evil in principle?

??? I guess that's what I'm asking you. Doesn't the Church say every sex act besides vaginal sex is intrinsically evil?
No mention of that in my marriage classes. And I go to SSPX, so its not like Im at some liberal hippy church. My priest said "do what you want, as long as it ends where it should"....Sex is not solely for procreation, its also for fun, and to enjoy each other and bond and all that. The Church doesnt want us to be "hole-in-the bedsheet" people
The fact that sodomy is sinful proves that there are certain things which creep into human sexuality that simply don't have a place between two spouses.  All I'm asking is how we know for sure that sodomy is the only one and, if it is, what distinctly sets it apart from other things.
(11-17-2010, 09:22 PM)Walty Wrote: The fact that sodomy is sinful proves that there are certain things which creep into human sexuality that simply don't have a place between two spouses.  All I'm asking is how we know for sure that sodomy is the only one and, if it is, what distinctly sets it apart from other things.
Because its against procreation, against nature. Not too mention its just gross.(And yeah, i know that's not a fantastic argument)
Anyways, I think Im confused. What do you guys ,mean by "positions"? Cause theres alotta them, and as long as teh penis is where it should be, whats the big deal?
As far as foreplay, im pretty sure you can do what you want, as long as it all ends where it should. Theres condemnation of sodomy in the Bible isnt there? I dont think there is for other stuff....im trying real hard not to get too graphic here, but I think I may be confused as to what ppl are talking about here....
(11-17-2010, 09:06 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 08:20 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(11-17-2010, 08:19 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: you"ll get pregnant....
No I won't. Even if I were married, I am still a man and incapable of becoming pregnant.
No sh*t sherlock....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
This is why I wrote:

(11-17-2010, 08:13 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I think if a proper married couple are intending to engage in the marital act properly for the right reasons, then the exact details of it are unimportant.

I have no idea what it is like to be married, but I am sure when it comes to procreation, things are less planned out. It isn't like (as far as I know), a man and woman plan out the act in advance.

And since people are not being explicit about what these acts are, it is left to everyone's imagination. We should be careful when discussing this topic because it would be easy to have false impressions of what another thinks.

EDIT: Not that I think people should be explicit. This forum is too open for such a discussion to be prudent.