Pink Eye.
A couple of the kids have come down with pink eye. What's the best way to disinfect the computer keyboard and mouse? Lysol Spray?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
You mean your kids put their eyeballs on the computer? I never!
Pinkeye, my a! I've seen this kind of thing before.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/14...puffy-eyes
:laughing:  Fat lot of help, you two!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I would just unplug them and use a disinfectant wipe. Pink eye is such a pain! Thank goodness it's always responded well to medication here.
Seriously, though, be careful about getting your keyboard wet, especially with anything that could dry sticky. I spilled an alcoholic drink on my keyboard once -- my word, what a mess.

Also be advised that you can use a metal nail file to gently pry up the keys and pop them off in case your cleaner goes underneath and you need to dry it.
Good to know. Thanks. I did in the end use a quick squirt of lysol spray. I didn't even unplug anything... It didn't seem to hurt the keyboard. I think I'll do that daily for a while. My eight year old has it and I think I have it as does my 15 year old...  :P We've had this before--it's sooo contagious.
(11-17-2010, 10:51 AM)Satori Wrote: Seriously, though, be careful about getting your keyboard wet, especially with anything that could dry sticky. I spilled an alcoholic drink on my keyboard once -- my word, what a mess.

I spilled orange soda on my old one. Might as well have pured molasses.
I'd use a washcloth dampened with alcohol (isopropyl) for the mouse. the keyboard will be trickier. might have to end up swabbing the keys individually to avoid damaging the keyboard.
One of my other girls now has it in both eyes.