Is Australia a good place for a Catholic?
(11-18-2010, 10:55 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 10:22 PM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 08:43 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: I refuse to participate in anything SSPX-related

Why?

Because he doesn't understand why he stills has a TLM to go to.  ::)

No kidding
(11-18-2010, 10:04 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 08:40 PM)ggreg Wrote: Stay where you are and spend the travel money on beans and bullets.  That is my advice.

God will look after you, or perhaps he will let you go out in a blaze of gunfire like the heros of the Alamo or Omaha beach.

One day they might build a statue to the fallen who stood up and write your name on it.  Who knows your photograph might end up on the gold backed money of the future.

I take it you don't have children or you would not have such a madcap idea.

Better the devil you know than the Tasmanian Devil you don't.  In the US you have neighbours and friends and a community, you know the lie of the land and can sense the way the wind blows.  In Australia you're just an "awkward, wacko bloody Yank".

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  That is why they call it the New WORLD Order.

Maybe you could sell the farm, buy a ticket for the Virgin Spacecraft, hijack it and boldly go where no man has gone before.  That is about the only way to escape what is coming.

I'm actually rather looking forward to it, (in a sick perverse way).  I've always liked a challenge.

Actually, I do have a baby girl.  The wife is from East Asia, and she's not too happy with the culture here in the US.  Me neither (probably why I chose to marry a foreigner.)  Anyhoo, madcap idea?  Nah.  I figure the madcap idea is to have the whole family go out in a blaze of "glory" like the Alamo.

My inspiration is the folks who fled Germany and the Soviet Union (Vietnam, too, for that matter) before the countries were overcome.

What makes you think Australia would be safe?  If it comes to a War, China might win it and take Australia over.  Plenty of natural resources and food growing potential there.

Australia don't have nukes and have a population of around 17 million people.  Heck Indonesia could probably invade them and win if they needed to.  China certainly could.

I'd stay in the US.  With all the crap going on there it is still a great country.  It is innovative, confident and there is still plenty more opportunity there that most other countries in the world.  Google, Apple, Coca-Cola all of these are testaments to the work ethic and drive Americans have.  HINT:  That is why all those illegals are flooding over your borders.

There is a very intense and deep treatise called the Book of Destiny about the Apocalypse.  I assume that from the way you are talking you believe we might be approaching those times.  Well, in that book it is suggested that for while the US actually shelters the Pope, the real Pope of the true Catholic Church which will be underground at the time, while Rome becomes the seat of the Antichrist and the False Prophet.

I lived in Sydney Australia for 3 years.  It was OK.  Lot of homos.  Working class moronic attitude in most of the population.  Males tend to be sport and sex obsessed and most people are pretty selfish and hedonistic.  Quite a gambling culture, lots of little enclaves of ethnics in the major cities.  Lot of new agers. There is more culture, history and sense of belonging in my local pub than the whole of Australia.  Great Beaches, clean environment, nice weather in the lower half of the country and a tough bureaucracy that works reasonably well.  It is OK but I think you'd know what you were missing back home if you went there.

The AUD is also very high at the moment thanks to the commodities boom so if you have any savings they ain't going to go very far.
(11-18-2010, 08:43 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: I refuse to participate in anything SSPX-related

Why?

Yawn. I really can't be bothered with this. Go argue with the Pope, if you think you are so much smarter than him. 

St Aloysius in Caulfield, Melbourne, has been a TLM parish even since the switch to the Novus Ordo in the Archdiocese of Melbourne. They simply continued, with the bishop's permission, to celebrate the Mass and the sacraments according to the Extraordinary Form. No schism required.
I didn't go to the SSPX when I was in Australia 17 years ago, because it was rather nutty, legalistic and lacking in fraternity and charity.  However, Father Edward Black (a no nonsense scot) has been running it for a decade now so I suspect it is pretty good. The SSPX avoided all that Jansenistic crap while he was running it here and when he left we imported it via the new superiors.  A LOT of UK SSPXers left at that point and started going to the alternative TLMs
Run away...please...please please...run away....you'll be happy in Cambodia.

Amerika...land of unfreedom...sick demented feminist culture....run away  ...

We should pay for the dude to go and let in 10,000 more Mexicans....10,000 eager folks for Laramie...that's a good deal
If you really really wanna leave America head south to Chile... Maybe you will survive an earthquake or better yet, fall  through the cracks and end up in a deep mine cave somewhere for 33 days.... Other then that, they are a pro life conservative country, u just have to learn the language....just sayin!! ::)
(11-18-2010, 11:50 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:

Why?

Yawn. I really can't be bothered with this. Go argue with the Pope, if you think you are so much smarter than him. 

Argue with the Pope...?...LOL

You still havenn't seen the news where the Pope really has no problem with the SSPX...and Rome actually has the SSPX in DOCTRINAL talks...lol

You can't be bothered with it because you know the truth of the matter but have a personal preference and fear of stepping up to the plate and all that goes with it...like being called a schismatic by the local ordinary, and having family go nuts on you...don't couch that in false logic...it looks bad
(11-19-2010, 12:03 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Run away...please...please please...run away....you'll be happy in Cambodia.

We should pay for the dude to go and let in 10,000 more Mexicans....10,000 eager folks for Laramie...that's a good deal

Scipio, I'm sorry you were born with male genitals.  But you just have to learn to live with what God gave you, ma'am. 

By the way, I love how your words read like you're a smirking prude (or an obnoxious 15-year old...or an overweight hairy gay English professor) in your remarks throught the forum.  It's refreshing to read the words that I'm sure Christ would say in conversation.  Indeed, you are the pinnacle of true humility.
(11-18-2010, 11:50 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote:

Why?

St Aloysius in Caulfield, Melbourne, has been a TLM parish even since the switch to the Novus Ordo in the Archdiocese of Melbourne. They simply continued, with the bishop's permission, to celebrate the Mass and the sacraments according to the Extraordinary Form. No schism required.

So your reason is that you believe that the SSPX is schismatic?
(11-19-2010, 12:37 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(11-19-2010, 12:03 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Run away...please...please please...run away....you'll be happy in Cambodia.

Scipio, I'm sorry you were born with male genitals.  But you just have to learn to live with what God gave you, ma'am. 

By the way, I love how your words read like you're a smirking prude (or an obnoxious 15-year old...or an overweight hairy gay English professor) in your remarks throught the forum.  It's refreshing to read the words that I'm sure Christ would say in conversation.  Indeed, you are the pinnacle of true humility.

yeah, you're a paragon of virtue there yourself.  I suggest you look to the beam in your own eye before you start laying out humility lessons for Scipio.