Kneel and receive Jesus on the tongue!!
It's one of two things: pride (by those who know better) and ignorance (by those who don't - the vast majority).
(11-19-2010, 12:57 AM)Petertherock Wrote: Yup, and in the words of a NO Priest I went to and asked if he would be OK with me receiving Communion kneeling on the tongue..."Oh God please no! Not that!"

Do what I do, eh? Just don't ask. I just drop to my knees and open my mouth with my hands folded. Even here in liberal Canada at the height of the H1N1 scare when the Ordinary 'banned' Communion on the tongue for 'health reasons' I was never refused Holy Communion.
(11-19-2010, 01:20 AM)Thomas58 Wrote: Because the Pope himself gives Communion in the hand?

Touché!

Not to mention Communion to non-catholics.
(11-19-2010, 01:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-19-2010, 01:20 AM)Thomas58 Wrote: Because the Pope himself gives Communion in the hand?

Touché!

Not to mention Communion to non-catholics.

Indeed.

Ambiguous terminology and broad laws in the New Code of Canon Law? Don't know what they mean or how they are supposed to be interpreted? Just watch those who helped draft them put them into practice. Certainly no-one knows what they mean better than those who made them.
Because there is no consequence.

Therefore, no obedience.

+JMJ+
(11-19-2010, 12:57 AM)Petertherock Wrote: Yup, and in the words of a NO Priest I went to and asked if he would be OK with me receiving Communion kneeling on the tongue..."Oh God please no! Not that!"
:(