Latest Vortex a total hoot...
BARF.  He's making Catholicism look like a joke.
I didn't know that Santa Claus punched Arius in the face.. fun facts!
(11-19-2010, 01:11 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: BARF.  He's making Catholicism look like a joke.

His style is rather deplorable, I've said it many times before. It may work for some (limited) audience but every time I hear him it seems like he's selling cars or insurances.

However, having said that, what's making "Catholicism look like a joke" today isn't the likes of Voris, now matter how cheesy they may be, but the heretics that run amuck in the Church.
(11-19-2010, 01:14 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: I didn't know that Santa Claus punched Arius in the face.. fun facts!

I remember hearing that before.

I don't know if it is true, but I also heard Arius died as a result of losing his intestines through his anus.  I don't know the source, but a friend of mine said during some triumphant parade in which he was a participant he felt poorly and stepped behind a column or some such thing.  While behind said column his intestines allegedly evacuated his body - which poses some pretty obvious problems.  The friend told me it wasn't known if it was supernatural or due to poison (that was the other possible explanation he offered), but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
St. Nicholas is noted for fighting. His skull shows his nose was broken several times, and not from sprinkling holy water accidents. Fr. Pacwa said that Athanasius came to the council with monks and clubs and went after Arius.Fr. Pacwa then said he wish he hadn't done it that way, but, it did fix the error. Which leads me to this I like Mother Angelica think there is a special part of purgatory for most hagiographers for writing pius horse feathers concerning the saints which walked around with their eyes looking up to heaven in constant ecstasy.
tim 
(11-19-2010, 01:20 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(11-19-2010, 01:14 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: I didn't know that Santa Claus punched Arius in the face.. fun facts!

I remember hearing that before.

I don't know if it is true, but I also heard Arius died as a result of losing his intestines through his anus.  I don't know the source, but a friend of mine said during some triumphant parade in which he was a participant he felt poorly and stepped behind a column or some such thing.  While behind said column his intestines allegedly evacuated his body - which poses some pretty obvious problems.  The friend told me it wasn't known if it was supernatural or due to poison (that was the other possible explanation he offered), but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

It probably didn't happen but is a a fun pun at his name. I'm sure, though, f it had happened it would have been supernatural