Pope says condoms are ok in some cases
(11-20-2010, 07:58 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The Joo media is at it again:

Don't make me move this thread to the special forum.  That's a pretty sweeping accusation.
I thought he wrote it in a book.

Honestly you can't believe what you read nowadays  :(
(11-20-2010, 08:01 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Don't make me move this thread to the special forum.  That's a pretty sweeping accusation.
It is absolutely fair to say that the media is at it though.

It is HIGH up the page on most mainstream news sites here in the UK

I've seen loads of headlines, like "Pope OKs Condom Use" on major media websites.  Many people won't read the small print.

Damage done.
(11-20-2010, 08:04 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 08:01 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

It is absolutely fair to say that the media is at it though.

It is HIGH up the page on most mainstream news sites here in the UK

I've seen loads of headlines, like "Pope OKs Condom Use" on major media websites.  Many people won't read the small print.

Damage done.

For sure the media is at it.  This is exactly how veils were de facto abrogated back in the 60's as well.
Altar Babes, Eucharistic Monsters... this is one hundred percent agitprop
Check out news.bbc.co.uk

Third item in the front page

Note the comments.  Particularly this sad one.  "see Dad I was right all along"

41. At 7:43pm on 20 Nov 2010, longdog wrote:

I agree with Willo's comment earlier:

This is really important because many people follow the Pope's words believing that they represent the word of God. If God has changed his mind about condoms then a whole lot of people are going to feel more able to use condoms. This will prevent a lot of unwanted babies being born and will help to reduce the relentless spread of aids.
The population explosion of humans on earth and the AIDS epidemic are both very great threats to all our futures. If both continue the outlook is bleak for humanity and the environment. Personally I am an atheist but my parents were Christian and my Father became a Catholic later in life. We had some blazing rows about these issues. I wish he were here to hear the Pope's recent comments

Those lager louts deserve to have England sunk in the North Sea.

Idiots.
People, people! Please consider carefully what was actually said by the Holy Father. This man is a brilliant student of theology and philosophy. What I read seemed to me to be a spontaneous consideration of whether the use of a condom could ever be justified; he is used to thinking through all sides of a question. What I did not read into this was any hint that condoms are morally permissible for those who are educated in morality. For the ignorant, it might be a spark of consideration to use a condom to protect a partner. Furthermore, I am not sure the Pope agrees with his hypothetical, only that he considered the question thoughtfully and answered, with limited time at his disposal, the challenge. By now, I expect that he must fully regret going down that alley with the reporter. It is inevitable that trads and libs will shoot from the hip in interpreting the statement, especially those who haven't one iota of this man's intelligence, knowledge, or abilities.
Think we'll ever have a Catholic Pope again? Seriously this shit is getting old. The Holy Father is not a retard. I dont believe he didnt't know this would be spun. First women lectors now condoms its the first steps in fulfilling the one religion new world order Church that he will be head of.
"it can be the first step to a more humane sexuality" what a joke. That sounds like some crap JPII would have said.