Pope says condoms are ok in some cases
What am I not seeing here? The Pope's comments are thus:

The Holy Father Wrote:"[The Church] of course does not see it as a real and moral solution.

"In certain cases, where the intention is to reduce the risk of infection, it can nevertheless be a first step on the way to another, more humane sexuality," he said.

" ... not really the way to deal with the evil of HIV infection".

" [the] sheer fixation on the condom implies a banalisation of sexuality" where sexuality is no longer an expression of love, "but only a sort of drug that people administer to themselves".

I agree that these weren't the most prudential of comments but ... the folks on this thread who see this and immediately jump to the conclusion that the visible Church will become part of the NWO, are about as idiotic as idiots get. Seriously ... what garbage.
How does the media work?  Let me illustrate:

(11-20-2010, 10:28 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 10:20 PM)JayneK Wrote: So a bunch of media outlets distort what the Pope said to a point that is completely misleading and several people here start attacking the Pope.  He made a perfectly reasonable comment to a responsible journalist with whom he has worked before.  He did nothing wrong at all.  Everything he says gets distorted by the media because they are hostile to Catholicism.  Should he stop making statements altogether? 

If this is the effect he creates, then yes, I would say he should stop making statements altogether.

Let them cover his audiences, his Masses, his meetings with world leaders and his encyclicals. No need for the Holy Father to elaborate beyond what he says or writes in those portals of communication.

Quote:Adam Wayne says Pope should be muzzled

Dateline: Fish Eaters Forum

In reflecting upon the Pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI, Adam Wayne said that the Pope should not speak.  Said Mr. Wayne regarding the Holy Father, "He should stop making statements altogether."

Reaction to Mr. Wayne's statement was swift from supporters of the Pope.  When read his statement, Cdl. Ciborum  responded, "This man is not a Catholic.  He should - and will - be excommunicated."  Mr. Wayne's third grade teacher, Sr. Mary Holywater commented: "I never trusted him.  He had that dull look in his eyes like Martin Luther.  We should burn him at the stake."

The ACLU is considering filing a lawsuit on behalf of the Pontiff because, "Hearing what Mr. Wayne said is clearly an attempt to destroy free speech."

Did you expect that?  That's what happens when a reporter wants a story.  He invents one.  He quotes out of context and gets reactions to the carefully tuned quote.

This isn't the Pope's fault.  The media are, by and large, children of the devil in a very real sense.

(11-21-2010, 01:11 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 01:05 AM)Lietrum Wrote: From the LA Times:

"According to Maguire, Catholic teaching makes a distinction between acts that are "intrinsically evil" and those that are "discussable." The former category, he said, includes abortion, the torture of children and nuclear war. Benedict's comments appear to place condom use solidly into the latter category, which would make it possible for it to be considered acceptable as a lesser evil. That could open the door for it to be considered for broader application than just in cases involving prostitution."

This is the problem.   This comment will not be viewed either on its face or the intent of the Holy Father.  Immediately modernists and postmodernists see this as an opportunity to now expand the Pope's comments to lesser evils and broader applications, the classic reading against the grain for its hidden meaning.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...8518.story

Exactly it doesnt matter what the Pope actually said its how it will be spun the Pope should have known better.

Quote:Baskerville denies Papal Primacy; makes move to return to Orthodoxy

In a bold statement today, Mr. Baskerville seemingly made an indication of his impending return to Orthodoxy.  When presented with a Papal statement on the use of condoms, Mr. Baskerville replied, "It doesn't matter what the Pope actually said."

Upon hearing this, Metropolitan John Chrysanthemumalopolagolupuswalikos of the United Orthodox Church of Svetlana said, "We knew in our hearts that Mr. Baskerville would return home.  That his Romish ways were just a phase.  We have slaughtered a lamb in his honor and are preparing gyros with lemon as we speak.  Kyrie Eleison!"

You should know better, eh, Baskerville?
(11-21-2010, 03:06 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: How does the media work?  Let me illustrate:

(11-20-2010, 10:28 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 10:20 PM)JayneK Wrote: So a bunch of media outlets distort what the Pope said to a point that is completely misleading and several people here start attacking the Pope.  He made a perfectly reasonable comment to a responsible journalist with whom he has worked before.  He did nothing wrong at all.  Everything he says gets distorted by the media because they are hostile to Catholicism.  Should he stop making statements altogether? 

If this is the effect he creates, then yes, I would say he should stop making statements altogether.

Let them cover his audiences, his Masses, his meetings with world leaders and his encyclicals. No need for the Holy Father to elaborate beyond what he says or writes in those portals of communication.

Quote:Adam Wayne says Pope should be muzzled

In reflecting upon the Pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI, Adam Wayne said that the Pope should not speak.  Said Mr. Wayne regarding the Holy Father, "He should stop making statements altogether."

Reaction to Mr. Wayne's statement was swift from supporters of the Pope.  When read his statement, Cdl. Ciborum  responded, "This man is not a Catholic.  He should - and will - be excommunicated."  Mr. Wayne's third grade teacher, Sr. Mary Holywater commented: "I never trusted him.  He had that dull look in his eyes like Martin Luther.  We should burn him at the stake."

The ACLU is considering filing a lawsuit on behalf of the Pontiff because, "Hearing what Mr. Wayne said is clearly an attempt to destroy free speech."

Did you expect that?  That's what happens when a reporter wants a story.  He invents one.  He quotes out of context and gets reactions to the carefully tuned quote.

This isn't the Pope's fault.  The media are, by and large, children of the devil in a very real sense.

Quis Says New York Times is Owned by the Synagogue of Satan
(11-20-2010, 09:23 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 09:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Think we'll ever have a Catholic Pope again? Seriously this shit is getting old. The Holy Father is not a retard. I dont believe he didnt't know this would be spun. First women lectors now condoms its the first steps in fulfilling the one religion new world order Church that he will be head of.

Can't say I disagree.

If he didn't know this would be spun like that then he is a very foolish man.

I can only REASONABLY conclude that the visible church morphs into the Church of the New World Order at some stage in the next decade or two.  The New World Order has tried for 1000 years to destroy the Church from without but why do that if you can capture it from within.  Millions of Catholics will go along with it because their faith and belief in absolutes has eroded away over the last 60 years.

I think the prophecies at La Sallette were onto something.  Certainly looks that way.

Quote:Ggreg plans Churchapalooza to reinvigorate the Church

One Mr. Ggreg of the UK has apparently announced plans for a kind of Churchapalooza.  Describing his vision he said, "The visible church morphs into the Church of the New World Order at some stage."  Rumors abound that Industrial Light and Magic will be providing the special effects for this Roman extravaganza, and that the "morphing" special effect will handily outdo that which was used in the Transformers movies.

Steven Spielberg has expressed interest in producing.  "Well, I haven't talked to Greg directly yet, but, certainly, for a production of this level, if the morphing is being done live on some stage, we have the expertise and financial backing to help this along.  For the right price, of course.

Few details have come out, but Mr. Ggreg has said that it will be "in the next decade or two" and that "Millions of Catholics will go along with it."  The plot and setting is also hush-hush, but Mr. Ggreg was heard to say, "I think the prophecies at La Sallette were onto something.  Certainly looks that way."

Bishop George Carlin refused to comment in detail only saying, "If this is anything like Catholicism - Wow! or he has a Buddychrist on stage, I'm going to sue his pants off.  The USCCB has the copyright on that, you know.  Consider him warned."
(11-21-2010, 03:19 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Quis Says New York Times is Owned by the Synagogue of Satan

Good try, but to play secular humanist reporter you have to quote me out of context.  ;D
Bat Boy Invades Fisheaters.com
(11-21-2010, 03:28 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Bat Boy Invades Fisheaters.com

[Image: batboy2007bye.jpg]
(11-21-2010, 03:30 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 03:28 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Bat Boy Invades Fisheaters.com

[Image: batboy2007bye.jpg]

See? Independent witnesses and photographs!
:rofl:

BTW, That pic of Bat Boy resembles your avatar Ro.