Willful Ignorance over the Pope's Remarks
(11-21-2010, 10:49 PM)JayneK Wrote: Of course.  A person in a state of mortal sin is by definition headed to hell.  It is nevertheless possible for him to have a gradual reawakening of conscience leading to repentance and salvation.  The process of awakening the conscience is a good thing, even while it takes place in a person in a state of mortal sin.

Putting on a condom and then immediately proceeding to sodomize someone indicates no awakening, but only the bitterest depravity.

Why are you defending this filth? 
(11-21-2010, 10:56 PM)JayneK Wrote: No.  It is possible to grow in moral understanding while sinning.

The man puts on a condom. Any growth this indicates is then immediately negated by his committing sodomy. What don't you get about this?
ROS. Wrote:Rather than be paralysed by lack of certainty however, I'd rather not be a skeptic when it is not prudent.

Very eloquent.  I'd put it in my sig line, but it is already too full.
(11-22-2010, 12:01 AM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 10:49 PM)JayneK Wrote: Of course.  A person in a state of mortal sin is by definition headed to hell.  It is nevertheless possible for him to have a gradual reawakening of conscience leading to repentance and salvation.  The process of awakening the conscience is a good thing, even while it takes place in a person in a state of mortal sin.

Putting on a condom and then immediately proceeding to sodomize someone indicates no awakening, but only the bitterest depravity.

I'll just keep repeating it.  You're reading into this a bit, and it may reveal more of your own proclivities that you're doing it with such reckless stridency.. 

The filth is mostly in your mind and now it's occasionally on my computer screen.

Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Dear friends,brothers and sisters in Christ. I think we should all wait for the whole story. All we knows comes from a very short story in newspapers,at least here in Finland. Let us not put our words in the mouth of our Holy Father. In time we will get the full story,if not in the news maybe,but in our parish newspapers. Now we need,as catholics,remember one thin,being a catholic means that we follow strict what the Vatican says. (I maybe old-fashion) So far we know just a bit,and there will come moore information in the following days,so lets wait and see. My own opinion is still that no sex,no HIV,no AIDS,but I do what the Church tells me to because it comes from Jesus,who's body the Church is. And for all those who are homosexual,lets pray that they live in celibacy. For short,let's wait and see what our Holy Father REALLY said.
Blessings,
Totterman
(11-21-2010, 10:58 PM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 10:46 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: The fact that fellow Catholics have spent several pages of replies debating this with you should tell you something about the current state of the Church and explains why Benedict XVI would feel comfortable speaking this way.  He has a whole army that is willing to defend this mockery.

I know. It's incredible. Apparently the litany of woeful statistics cited at the beginning here are all too true, if it's like this even among "traditionalists":

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/200803...Times.html

It's very sad. One would think at least trads would know that its not cool for a Pope to say sodomites can use condoms.
Trads ain't what they used to be.

We are worn out, fed-up and confused as hell.
(11-22-2010, 12:01 AM)Jitpring Wrote:

Because I know enough about Catholic theology to recognize that the Pope is correctly stating Catholic doctrine and that you do not know what you are talking about. 
(11-22-2010, 12:05 AM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 10:56 PM)JayneK Wrote: No.  It is possible to grow in moral understanding while sinning.

The man puts on a condom. Any growth this indicates is then immediately negated by his committing sodomy. What don't you get about this?

The man has figured out that endangering his sex partners is wrong.  This is moral development.  He has not yet figured out that sodomy is wrong.  That does not negate the development; it means that more is needed.

When I became a Protestant, I learned that there is one God in three Persons.  I had not yet learned that the Pope is the earthly head of the Church.  Did my ignorance of the papacy negate my understanding of the Trinity?
(11-22-2010, 05:57 AM)Baskerville Wrote: It's very sad. One would think at least trads would know that its not cool for a Pope to say sodomites can use condoms.

It is very sad.  One would think that people who know how to read would know that the Pope did not say that.