Willful Ignorance over the Pope's Remarks
(11-22-2010, 05:57 AM)Baskerville Wrote: It's very sad. One would think at least trads would know that its not cool for a Pope to say sodomites can use condoms.

But that isn't what he said. 

I really don't understand what all the confusion about.  Is it willful, or what?  The insistence that the Pope said something he did not say is really bewildering.
No, a Bishop needs to ask him.

(11-21-2010, 08:51 PM)kimbaichan Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 08:09 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: Why can't Benedict XVI just be asked to reaffirm the clear teaching of Pope Pius XI in Casti Connubii?

You can ask him. I'm pretty sure the Vatican's address is on the FE web site.

*modified for spelling. Darn cat.
(11-22-2010, 11:36 AM)lamentabili sane Wrote: No, a Bishop needs to ask him.

(11-21-2010, 08:51 PM)kimbaichan Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 08:09 PM)lamentabili sane Wrote: Why can't Benedict XVI just be asked to reaffirm the clear teaching of Pope Pius XI in Casti Connubii?

You can ask him. I'm pretty sure the Vatican's address is on the FE web site.

*modified for spelling. Darn cat.

Contact your Bishop then and inform him what he and the Holy Father should do.
Are all of us here Catholics or independent thinkers?  While the arguments keep going in circles, I keep seeing 48 pt. banner headlines screaming, "The Pope says it is Ok to use Condoms."  I was having a winnable argument with homosexual who happens to be my nephew, and with a Catholic on his way to becoming a protty.  Now this.  The latter is looking justified in his mad dash out of the Church door.  What do I tell the extraterrestial who asks me, "Take me to your leader"?  Was it ok for the pope take off his miter, divesting his rank as pope,  and give a public interview to express his personal thoughts?  No, no, no!  In imitation of Christ, when the Pharisees essayed to trap him with "loaded" questions, what was Jesus' reply to them?  You hypocrites, and called them brood of vipers, etc.  We're in the end times.  The prophesies of Fatima, La Sallette, Akita, are being fulfilled.  There is one mitigating factor that will buy humanity some time:  the Consecration of Russia by the Pope, together with his bishops.  If Pope Benedict were to do this, he will have redeemed a great part of his error (or was it merely a faux pas, gaffe, oversight?).  To go on public now and say, "No, no, that's not what I meant" will only exacerbate the situation.  The media, having found the kink in the papal armor, won't buy that. 

An after thought:  a piece of rubber is not a sin, but if it is fashioned in such a way that it has a useful purpose (what else is it used for?) then ...  Two homos using a propylactic are not frustrating the natural law and preventing the transmission of life.  What predominant purpose do they have to use the condom?    To try to prevent  being infected by a killer disease, so they can come back tomorrow and proceed to keep on with their sinful life.  Unfortunately, 99% of homos do not think they are living a sinful life.  What about the 1%?  Are these those that are bundled in that group that will likely progress their way to salvation?  There such people as reformed homos.
Based on the volume of misinformed and confused Catholics here I shudder to think what's going on at CAF right now.

(11-22-2010, 03:49 PM)Ockham Wrote: Based on the volume of misinformed and confused Catholics here I shudder to think what's going on at CAF right now.

Probably ten times worse.
I thought it was common knowledge the mainstream media can't be trusted to report accurately and objectively.  Apparently they are still gospel to some people.  The Boston Globe wrote more stories about the 'pedophile priest' story than the Second World War.