was hitler ever excommunicated from church?
(11-22-2010, 04:07 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-22-2010, 03:23 PM)Rosarium Wrote: He never publicly renounced the Church because he was never publicly a member.

He was baptized and grew up in the Church. It's as "public" as it gets.
It is clear that as a late teenager, the Church was not a factor in his life. Given that he was a soldier and then involved in politics (well, sort of) after that and the Church was not a factor in his public life, I think we can assume that the family life of Hitler is not "public".

Quote:I've never found any consensus on Hitler's personal beliefs. I think the he probably lapsed into heresy of some sort given his political action and speech. Nevertheless, he never renounced the Church in a public and formal manner.
...he did not enter into it in a public and formal member. He was a child!
(11-22-2010, 04:08 PM)Ockham Wrote: Bishop Williamson's followers should know.  They claim to know the real truth of the Holocaust so should be experts at all things Nazi.

Ockham, where's thy razor?

You couldn't have chosen a more suitable screenname.
When he reportedly said:

Quote:"We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."
I think that is public renouncement enough.
(11-22-2010, 04:12 PM)Rosarium Wrote: It is clear that as a late teenager, the Church was not a factor in his life. Given that he was a soldier and then involved in politics (well, sort of) after that and the Church was not a factor in his public life, I think we can assume that the family life of Hitler is not "public".

Was Hitler a "secret member" of the Church, a member in voto? He was baptized as child and thus was a member of the Church, regardless of what we may consider as the lack of influence of Catholicism in his public life. Unless he were excommunicated, publicly apostatized or professed heresy, he is to be considered a Catholic, even if a bad one. I've seen quotes attributed to him that may indicate heresy (even apostasy) but they're not conclusive.

Quote:...he did not enter into it in a public and formal member. He was a child!

So childs are private members of the Church? Secret members? Members in voto?

When a child is baptized, a child becomes a member of the Church, recognized as so by the mark of baptism which is public.
(11-22-2010, 04:08 PM)Ockham Wrote: Bishop Williamson's followers should know.  They claim to know the real truth of the Holocaust so should be experts at all things Nazi.

You, sir, are a fool.  I hope you have many people to pray for the salvation of your soul.  You should start making Catholic friends asap.
(11-22-2010, 04:23 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:

You, sir, are a fool.  I hope you have many people to pray for the salvation of your soul.  You should start making Catholic friends asap.

Do you dispute this claim?  How can his followers know six million Jews really didn't die in the Holocaust yet not know Hitler's status in the Church?