HELP! I'm compulsively checking Fish Eaters!
I'm compulsively checking Fish Eaters!    :drowning:

Anybody know a fast way to break this?   
(11-23-2010, 03:06 PM)Zakhur Wrote: I'm compulsively checking Fish Eaters!     :drowning:

Cancel your Internet service.
:laughing:

I can't, I'm not the only one who uses it.
Give it up for Advent.
Get out of the house and do other things.  Don't succumb!!  I have the same problem.
(11-23-2010, 03:06 PM)Zakhur Wrote: I'm compulsively checking Fish Eaters!     :drowning:

Keep this in mind:

* Constantly checking won't stop you from missing anything as long as you do not wait until content is pushed to another page (in my experience, this is at least two days for all the forums)
* If you are checking, without reading much or posting, it is a waste of time
* If you spend a set time period to review new posts and threads, and use that time to write and read, you will get the same benefit as constant checking, but have more focus

Spend 24 hours without posting, then check the forum. It is more fun and rewarding than waiting for the trickle of posts.

Once you get your habits productive, you can find multiple activity periods if you want, because the forum is more active at some times and you can get more immediate responses for some types of discussions.
they all have good advice, but whatever you choose do not, and i repeat, do not get a life!!

thats real waste of time . . .
Oh, I know how that is.... Checking out some thread or another is so much more interesting than a pile of dirty dishes or beds that need to be changed. What I have to do sometimes is to lock the office up--the computer's in the office. Then I don't unlock it until all my chores are done.

The other thing you can do would be to adopt a couple of teenagers. They'll fight you for the use of the computer.  :) Problem solved!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I suggest reading every thread until you're sick of enough people that you limit yourself to about 3 subfora.

Those 3 probably don't update enough to hold your attention, so you find yourself checking FE less and less.
:laughing:

Thanks everybody!