Addition to the rules
(11-24-2010, 11:58 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I applaud you and Vox.

scg, you doint mean that literally?
(11-24-2010, 10:54 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Mmmmmm
maybe it's too early I'm a bt confused I'm not sipped me mornn scotch and Joe yet so pls bear with me
anyhoo are the new rules of not reffering to the pope as heret foe just the current pope or any past popes? Such as liberius as an example

Use common sense.

Quote:I'm stayin out of all this for a few reasons but I'm very scepitcal of the modernist here who have used the current firestorm to attemp to gag trads who got a wee wiplash from this new bullshit. Ie the press doing what the press does and the Vatican newspaper doing what it always does sadly spew nonsence. I dunno yesterday I got I to it a bit I. A place I shouldn't of a out th because of a lid disussion of twits swung now we can use rubbers. The pope says so I came int it l owing I shouldn't alas
such is th current state of the church. Truly the rubber thng isn't nearly as disturbng as the latest ver dangerous statements on the Jews and so n
for me anyway
ah I'm rambling
I need a sip
anyway quis ifbu sn make any heads or tails of my above rambles I even forgot my initial quetions
phew long night

Obviously there is some taking advantage of the situation going on by pushing people's buttons.  Unfortunately, people fell for it, got angry and got even more disrespectful in making their points.  Which is fine when it comes to Obama or Bush, not so fine when it comes to the Pope.  I have a feeling a good percentage of disrespectful comments were made out of anger at other people rather than a thought-out comment on the topic.

Look, if Catholics aren't by default respectful of that office, we're in a bad position to complain about Jack Chick.
(11-24-2010, 03:00 PM)icecream Wrote:

Yes, I meant it literally.

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.
(11-24-2010, 03:49 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Look, if Catholics aren't by default respectful of that office, we're in a bad position to complain about Jack Chick.

Saying that Paul VI, John Paul II or Benedict XVI did "y" or "x" that goes against the Tradition of the Church, criticizing them for what they say or even going to the "extreme" of calling them out for heresy, does not equate disrespect for the papal office. Even if such criticism is misled or naïve at times, it is driven out of a profound love for the Papacy and the Church. No traditional Catholic speaks against the Papacy per se but only against the actions of Pope A or B if deemed scandalous or unworthy. If a Catholic back in the Renaissance were to criticize publicly the Borgia Popes and the "banquet of chestnusts" for their wickedness and treachery, he would do so out of love for the Church and the successor of Peter. He would be a faithful son of the Church for doing so but also a coward if he were to shut his mouth.

Lack of respect for the office is to speak in principle against it and against its prerrogatives like the Protestants or the Orthodox do.

Having said that, I understand your decision to rein in on some of the papal criticisms.
(11-24-2010, 06:32 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.

you were actualy sitting in front computer doing this?!

[Image: Clapping.gif]
(11-24-2010, 06:35 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 03:49 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Look, if Catholics aren't by default respectful of that office, we're in a bad position to complain about Jack Chick.

Saying that Paul VI, John Paul II or Benedict XVI did "y" or "x" that goes against the Tradition of the Church, criticizing them for what they say or even going to the "extreme" of calling them out for heresy, does not equate disrespect for the papal office. Even if such criticism is misled or naïve at times, it is driven out of a profound love for the Papacy and the Church. No traditional Catholic speaks against the Papacy per se but only against the actions of Pope A or B if deemed scandalous or unworthy. If a Catholic back in the Renaissance were to criticize publicly the Borgia Popes and the "banquet of chestnusts" for their wickedness and treachery, he would do so out of love for the Church and the successor of Peter. He would be a faithful son of the Church for doing so but also a coward if he were to shut his mouth.

Lack of respect for the office is to speak in principle against it and against its prerrogatives like the Protestants or the Orthodox do.

Having said that, I understand your decision to rein in on some of the papal criticisms.

To me it means that we can disagree with the Pope and say I felt he was wrong here or there or weak in this area or that area, instead of saying he needs to "grow a pair." Disgusting and totally unbecoming a Catholic. I'm not too crazy about the Borgia Pope but I can criticize the shenanigans without getting "personal" if you know what I mean.
(11-24-2010, 06:51 PM)icecream Wrote:

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.

Does that bother you?
(11-24-2010, 07:04 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 06:51 PM)icecream Wrote:

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.

Does that bother you?

it puzzles me. but i think i can understand. sometimes when i see someone on tv say something i like i will yelkl out loud, "exactly!" and pump my fist

so i guess i can relate
Sometimes I jump out of my chair and say "WOO HOO"

[Image: woohoo.gif]
(11-24-2010, 07:21 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Sometimes I jump out of my chair and say "WOO HOO"

[Image: woohoo.gif]

:laughing:

sometimes i get out of chair and breakdance!

[Image: breakdance.gif?w=380]