Love,understanding and forgiveness.
(12-02-2010, 02:42 PM)dark lancer Wrote: The FE boards are cold and unforgiving.

The chat room isn't though!

Yes, that is the essence of what I was saying: posts are a poor representation of a person's heart because of the tendency toward unconscious selfish behavior that is brought out via the very nature of posting.

Real-time discussions, however, are usually a better representation of a person's character.
(12-02-2010, 08:38 AM)Stubborn Wrote: What happened? Thanks to the new Lex orandi of the New Order, people do not put the first and most important commandment where it belongs - first.

Jesus says: "Thou shall love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind." (Matt. 22:37.) Before He passes to the second commandment, Jesus tells us about the first: "This is the greatest and the first commandment."

Do not touch one single phrase of the next commandment until you have fully comprehended and understood this first one!

Our Lord then goes on: "And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." (Matt. 22:39.)

One who does not love God is not gonna love you. Make sense?

Ah, it's nice to agree with you once in awhile.  Yes, this is the whole crux of this, and pointing this out to average modern liberal Catholics ALWAYS LEAVES THEM STUMPED!  Every single time.  Because they had never thought of it a single time before, ever.
Dear friends,brothers and sisters in Christ,I don't know what to think,or say.
Blessings,
Totterman
We are all just people, Mr. Totterman.  Every day regular people who are trying to find our way in this world and get to heaven.  Trying to (most of us anyway) find our way to be good Catholics.  The little I've read of your comments, you are drenched in the Novus Ordo way of thinking.  You are more worried about people's "feelings" than God's demand for justice and mercy.  It gets a little rough around here, but you are likely to find that with passionate people.  These people are passionate about their faith.  I hope you stick around and find some good friends and good information.  Put judgements aside for a while and read.
(12-02-2010, 02:21 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 05:38 AM)Totterman Wrote: Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Brothers and sisters in Christ, where have love,understanding and forgiveness gone? Where is the mercy,and all other things Jesus did teach us? What happend with it? Am I the only one who still believes in it?

The post-Conciliar Church is full of "love, understanding and forgiveness."

Perhaps you missed it. I wish I had.
Dear friend,that was a odd answer.
Totterman
Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Dear friends,brothers and sisters in Christ. What do You believe in? God,the Church or You self?
Hi Totterman, I think in this case it might be useful to point to some specific instance and avoid generalizations. If someone has said something to offend you, you could point to that and explain why. That way we'd get a better understanding of specifically what you're referring to.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Dear friend,of course I will explain. I have all my life one way or the other been a outcast,no friends,no nothing except for my dogs. And I am not only defending the "gay-people" but all other who some here might turn against. What I am trying to explain is that when God give someone the vocation to what ever,he,or she,well,not she when it comes to priests,is fit for it. One can always ignore the vocation but why? When someone get the call to priesthood,he must give away,so to speak,all sexuality,and I don't understand,stupid as I am,why it is OK if a heterosexual man gives it up but if a homosexual does so,it don't count. I know that You will go back to "but the Pope said..."and yes,He did say,but He said also,if He thinks the way I and I guess most of us,and now I hope that I wont but my words in His mouth,in silence,believing that we all understand it without saying,was that those who don't "practise" their sexual "habit" is more then fit to continue as priests cause also a straight man stop practising his "habit" when he get the vocation. Some may fail,but I have a few good connections,and I know that  almost 80% of those who fail living in celibacy are heterosexuals,so the problem is not with the homosexuals.
Blessings,
Totterman
(12-03-2010, 05:40 AM)Totterman Wrote: Dear friend,of course I will explain. I have all my life one way or the other been a outcast,no friends,no nothing except for my dogs. And I am not only defending the "gay-people" but all other who some here might turn against. What I am trying to explain is that when God give someone the vocation to what ever,he,or she,well,not she when it comes to priests,is fit for it. One can always ignore the vocation but why? When someone get the call to priesthood,he must give away,so to speak,all sexuality,and I don't understand,stupid as I am,why it is OK if a heterosexual man gives it up but if a homosexual does so,it don't count. I know that You will go back to "but the Pope said..."and yes,He did say,but He said also,if He thinks the way I and I guess most of us,and now I hope that I wont but my words in His mouth,in silence,believing that we all understand it without saying,was that those who don't "practise" their sexual "habit" is more then fit to continue as priests cause also a straight man stop practising his "habit" when he get the vocation. Some may fail,but I have a few good connections,and I know that  almost 80% of those who fail living in celibacy are heterosexuals,so the problem is not with the homosexuals.
Blessings,
Totterman

Again, greetings and profound blessings! And again, Mr. Totterman, you are implying that homosexuality is NATURAL, when it clearly is not.

Someone with a habit of mortal sin is not fit for the priesthood, for example. Maybe God called him to a priestly vocation, but he failed his calling because he did not ask for, pray for, the help required to keep himself out of habitual mortal sin.

In your mind, God's will would be opposed by His Church when he is sent home from the seminary.
(12-03-2010, 04:34 AM)Totterman Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 02:21 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 05:38 AM)Totterman Wrote: Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Brothers and sisters in Christ, where have love,understanding and forgiveness gone? Where is the mercy,and all other things Jesus did teach us? What happend with it? Am I the only one who still believes in it?

The post-Conciliar Church is full of "love, understanding and forgiveness."

Perhaps you missed it. I wish I had.
Dear friend,that was a odd answer.
Totterman

Not as odd as your original post.