Pope is going to Monaco but why?
I'm wondering what the motives are for a Pope to visit Monaco? Outside of gambling, what's there?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...o-in-2012/

C.
He needs to use up his frequent flyer points before the end of the year.
If I were pope, I'd have a traveling court system like the medieval kings. If I needed to settle an impending schism in America, for example, I'd just move the curia to Baltimore for a few months and exercise direct rule.

For Monaco, I dunno.
Maybe he's gearing up to flee Rome like in the prophecies :D
(12-02-2010, 07:38 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Maybe he's gearing up to flee Rome like in the prophecies :D

In that case, I think Aruba would be a better choice. Great place to revive the sedia gestatoria to carry you to the beach.  :)
Perhaps he just wants to visit a traditionally Catholic country. I know, it's a far out concept. lol
(12-02-2010, 07:57 PM)Cetil Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 07:38 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Maybe he's gearing up to flee Rome like in the prophecies :D

In that case, I think Aruba would be a better choice. Great place to revive the sedia gestatoria to carry you to the beach.  :)

If he unveils that bright red Papal Speedo the rumor mill is going to churn.
I was also gonna say he might be going to a Grand Prix race, but it's probably too cold for F1 right now :)
I could totally picture the pope waving the green flag for a NASCAR event.
We could reframe the question: what's the motivation of the Pope for visiting anywhere? To help bare witness to the Faith and invigorate the local populace in their Catholicism.