Praying while tired vs. praying while awake
(12-03-2010, 05:17 PM)geogeer Wrote: Whenever I really cannot fall asleep, I pull out the rosary.  I either make good use of the time that insomnia has a hold of me or I let the angels finish it off for me as my mind becomes emptied of the days worries.  I hope the BVM does not take offence! 

My favourite time to say the rosary with is anytime with my wife  ;), but I work precisely 1 rosary away from work if I walk.  So on the days that I end up walking to work I'll say one on the way there and one on the way back.

Ha ha!  That's funny, because I live precisely one Rosary from work, via the car, and precisely one Rosary from school, via the train! :)
(12-03-2010, 05:54 PM)quotidianum Wrote:
(12-03-2010, 05:17 PM)geogeer Wrote: Whenever I really cannot fall asleep, I pull out the rosary.  I either make good use of the time that insomnia has a hold of me or I let the angels finish it off for me as my mind becomes emptied of the days worries.  I hope the BVM does not take offence! 

My favourite time to say the rosary with is anytime with my wife  ;), but I work precisely 1 rosary away from work if I walk.  So on the days that I end up walking to work I'll say one on the way there and one on the way back.

Ha ha!  That's funny, because I live precisely one Rosary from work, via the car, and precisely one Rosary from school, via the train! :)

I've been known to do this too (pray the Rosary on the way to somewhere, usually while walking). I usually don't have an actual physical Rosary with me when I do this -- I count the prayers on my fingers (of which I conveniently have exactly the right number). Which leads to my question -- how important is the ritual of fingering the beads while saying the prayers? Is the Rosary just as valid if you say it without beads, or do the beads add something important?
(12-03-2010, 05:54 PM)quotidianum Wrote: Ha ha!  That's funny, because I live precisely one Rosary from work, via the car, and precisely one Rosary from school, via the train! :)

Now that is a mental feat I couldn't accomplish.  Driving and saying the rosary just would not work for me.  It is tough enough to walk and pray... chewing gum at the same time would probably result in some sort of injury.  :laughing:
Praying is a great way to go to sleep.
(12-04-2010, 12:51 AM)geogeer Wrote:
(12-03-2010, 05:54 PM)quotidianum Wrote: Ha ha!  That's funny, because I live precisely one Rosary from work, via the car, and precisely one Rosary from school, via the train! :)

Now that is a mental feat I couldn't accomplish.  Driving and saying the rosary just would not work for me.  It is tough enough to walk and pray... chewing gum at the same time would probably result in some sort of injury.  :laughing:

Yes, you're quite right, which is why I'm just a little concerned about attempting to prayer while exercising, but I pledge to give it a shot and report back, assuming I make it. :)