Who's gone the longest?
How long have you gone without attending the NO while still making it to Mass every Sunday and holyday?
That's not much of a set of criteria...I mean a person would basically have to live next door to a church to be able to do what you are suggesting...even pure NO attendees would never be able to pull that off....unless they're like the dork kid in skreewl who got perfect attendence every year....
It will be one year on January 2, 2011.  I went to the NO most recently for a wedding in my now husband's family.  The horrors (both liturgically and culturally) made me decide that--baring family reasons--I would not attend the NO for at the very least one year.  In that one year, I've attended every holy day and Sunday.  The times I've missed had nothing to do with NO vs TLM, and were before that time anyway.  Too sick to get to Church is too sick to get to Church, since there is no Church within walking distance and to me a 20 minute drive is not much different from a five minute drive.

But then, I'm lucky to live somewhere (Orange County) where there are many TLMs within a half hour's drive, so it's pretty much take your pick of times, etc.  There is no excuse to go to the NO, unless of course it's a family funeral or wedding or something.
(12-04-2010, 03:44 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: That's not much of a set of criteria...I mean a person would basically have to live next door to a church to be able to do what you are suggesting...even pure NO attendees would never be able to pull that off....unless they're like the dork kid in skreewl who got perfect attendence every year....

I haven't missed a Sunday Mass or holy day of obligation since I converted in early 2009...Granted, a year of it was all NO, but still perfect attendance...

I'm only a dork when it comes to Stargate SG-1!
(12-04-2010, 03:40 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: How long have you gone without attending the NO while still making it to Mass every Sunday and holyday?

15 years.
(12-04-2010, 03:44 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: That's not much of a set of criteria...I mean a person would basically have to live next door to a church to be able to do what you are suggesting...even pure NO attendees would never be able to pull that off....unless they're like the dork kid in skreewl who got perfect attendence every year....

I don't know -- call me the dork kid if you like, but I didn't start going to Mass regularly at all until just before Christmas last year, and since then I've missed exactly once (last Sunday, November 29), and that was because I was directing a chess tournament (again, call me a dork if you like) in another city, and there was exactly one Mass (7 AM Sunday) that I could physically get to without neglecting my tournament director duties, and that would have required a 3-mile walk (each way), and after being up until 2 AM Saturday night/Sunday morning (because the last round of the tournament didn't end until then), I overslept Sunday morning.

Other than that, I walk about 2 miles (each way) to an NO Mass every Sunday and holy day, and most weekday mornings as well, and I occasionally ride my bike (8 miles each way) to a TLM on Sunday. Even though we're in the middle of a snowstorm right now that will end up leaving about 5 inches of snow, I'm intending to do both (TLM and NO) tomorrow. I take the Sunday obligation seriously, and it would take something totally beyond my control (such as what happened last Sunday) to make me miss it.
(12-04-2010, 03:40 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: How long have you gone without attending the NO while still making it to Mass every Sunday and holyday?
It's been at least 15 years, I think, possibly longer.  And for years I had to drive 1.5 hour each way to get to Mass.  In the early years I did go to a Ukrainian Rite on holy days if there was no Mass at our mission chapel.
25 years in the same SSPX church...I have missed the odd Sunday of course, due to illness and stuff
Yearsssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!