I think my 1962 Missal has a misprint, missing prayer
I think my 1962 Missal has a misprint, because I can't find a certain prayer.  After the Litany of the Blessed Virgin (p 51 - 53), there is a little note that says "During Advent," and lists two prayers.  I found the first one a p 119, as it says, but for the second it says p 871.  However, there is not a prayer on p 871.  Its not a big deal, but now I'm curious, or thinking that I'm reading it incorrectly or something.

Its says this:
During Advent: V.  Angelus Domini ... p. 119, Prayer: Deus qui de B. Mariae ..., p. 871. 

Page 871 is the second page of "On the Liturgical Year," an explanation, not a prayer.

???
You might want to post which missal you have...all the bibliographic info so someone with the same one could help you,,,
Yes, good idea.  I have the Barnious Press, London, 2009 Summorum Pontificum (Fourth Edition). "Daily Missal and Liturgical Manual." 
It may very well have errors....4th edition since 2009 ....LOL

sorry...that just sounds funny to me.
The prayer you're looking for is on p.120, immediately after the previous one that starts on p.119.  I'm not sure why it says p.871.

Also, it's the 4th edition overall, not the 4th since 2009.  The first edition was published in 2004.  The 4th edition was issued to commemorate Summorum Pontificum.
(12-04-2010, 11:16 AM)ies0716 Wrote: The prayer you're looking for is on p.120, immediately after the previous one that starts on p.119.  I'm not sure why it says p.871.

Also, it's the 4th edition overall, not the 4th since 2009.  The first edition was published in 2004.  The 4th edition was issued to commemorate Summorum Pontificum.

Okay, indeed, now I'm thinking that 'p. 871' may simply be a mistake.  Thank you! :) 
(12-04-2010, 11:16 AM)ies0716 Wrote: The prayer you're looking for is on p.120, immediately after the previous one that starts on p.119.  I'm not sure why it says p.871.

That's still pretty bad... :laughing:
(12-05-2010, 02:26 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:

That's still pretty bad... :laughing:

I don't know about editions 2 or 3, but 4 was updated to include the full text of the SP letter.  I think that was the only change.
I've got Missals that go from the '30s to the present day reprints. I can assure you that they all have spelling and or printing errors. And what's the big deal about that?

We should be amazed that we have essentially the same Missal that is on the Altar in an easy to use form and be thankful for the technology that allows it to be in our hands at very reasonable costs.

Now as far as new editions, why would that be a testament to something like incompetence? I would think that each printing may have added a letter as was indicated by WRC, or perhaps a prayer they left out. Or they may have added a section, or tried to make it more user friendly.

The Laboremus Missal on which these reprints are based, both Angelus Press and Baronius, do have you flipping all over the place and in that sense they are not the most user friendly to begin with. I hear the people behind me in Mass flipping through it like they are trying to use the Yellow Pages.