New TLM Parish in Cincinnati
St. Mark Church, Cincinnati

http://www.restorestmarks.org/

Brick by brick.

Thanks for posting this!  Did you happen to read the letter from the Archbishop?

It is great! 

Wowza! 

So beautiful...
That church is amazingly beautiful...

:o
It sounds like things have gotten a lot better in that Archdiocese since the new Archbishop took over.
Nice!  Deo gratias!
Thanks!  A great example of the beauty produced by the True Faith.
A beautiful church for the FSSP
Hard indeed to imagine the sour old 70s Stalinist Archbishop Pilarczyk permitting this type of glasnost.

As a long-time denizen of the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area and an interested observer of the trad scene here, I believe that the St. Mark's announcement is connected with St. Pius X's move from the city down to Walton (at least 25 miles to the south.)

While this particular point probably didn't occur to Abp. Schnurr himself, I'm sure it did to whoever proposed the idea to him. My guess: it came from a former St. Pius X parishioner who got involved in the Motu Proprio group.

Another facet of the St. Mark's choice that's gone unremarked: it's just five minutes away from Fr. Willliam Jenkins' Immaculate Conception Church in Norwood, which is affiliated (at least loosely) with Bishop Kelly's SSPV.

There is no way to convince me that this wasn't a factor in choosing St. Mark's, since the Archdiocese was ticked when Fr. Jenkins' group managed to buy Immaculate Conception from them using a front corporation. I think it was payback time.

Unlike myself and the rest of the SGG clergy, moreover, Fr. Jenkins avoids speaking about controversial questions concerning the pope, the Church, and Catholic doctrine. Most of this is reduced to matters of mere opinion, so there would be no reason for some of his parishioners, perhaps, not to avail themselves of a convenient and "legal" option nearby.

Meanwhile down in Walton, the Diocese of Covington set up a Motu Mass at a beautiful new (and traditionally designed) church just across I-71 from the new St. Pius X installation.

A possible marketing pitch: Why settle for SSPX's "partial communion" with the pope, when you can get "full communion" with the pope in a nice church just across the road?

If it's just "Latin Mass Catholicism" you're interested in, it's pretty hard to beat that.

All these developments are very interesting to watch. Someone in the local Vatican II hierarchy, it seems, is paying attention to strategy.
(12-05-2010, 08:03 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: Another facet of the St. Mark's choice that's gone unremarked: it's just five minutes away from Fr. Willliam Jenkins' Immaculate Conception Church in Norwood, which is affiliated (at least loosely) with Bishop Kelly's SSPV.

That's interesting. Do you mean it's an independent chapel that is affiliated with the SSPV like some independent chapels are affiliated with the SSPX but not actually serviced by SSPX priests, or do you mean something else?