Do TLMs tend to be more available in well-to-do areas?
The SSPX chapel in my state is in a wealthy area, and the my diocese's TLM is in a wealthier part of the diocese.  My town has a lot of people living at or in poverty and also has one of the largest Hatian immigrant communities in the country, and the diocese has been serving the poor here ever since its establishment and developed significant ties to Haiti over 25 years ago.

I have no idea where TLM parishes are located in other states, so I was just curious.
In Milwaukee, the ICKSP parish is in the Hispanic area of town.  Very poor/kinda poor, but not as poor/violent as the Northside.

In Indy the former-FSSP parish is in a half and half neighborhood, bordering the poor area.

St. John Cantius in Chicago seems to be in a semi-decent neighborhood.

It depends, I think.  But I also think that trad chapels tend to "help out" the surrounding neighborhood.  I dunno how, but it just seems like it.
In Melbourne both the SSPX parish and the FSSP parish are located in affluent neighbourhoods.
Generally diocesan approved ones are in the worst areas of town to discourage people from going.  However, some bishops have been kind and given the FSSP and others churches in middle-class areas, but that is usually the exception rather than the rule.

The SSPX goes wherever since they ignore the Ordinary, but I suspect they have to go where people offer them the building and land.  Wealthy people are generally not going to donate a lump sum for a church 200 miles from them.

Based on what I know, I would say your state seems to be the exception.  Most TLMs are in middle-class to poor areas, and most people who go to TLMs are not wealthy; heck many are not even middle class.
Here in beautiful Kansas City, all the TLMs are in the slums.  That's where all the proper rectangle churches are located; rich people attend sheetrock circle churches.
(12-04-2010, 11:38 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: St. John Cantius in Chicago seems to be in a semi-decent neighborhood.

At 9:00 AM Sunday, yes.  All the hoodlums are still in bed.  Try walking around that area like 3pm Saturday.
Here in Dallas, the FSSP used to have to borrow the small chapel at the Carmel...in the middle of nowhere (haha...actually, Grand Prairie).  Now they have a small place in Irving.  They also have a Sunday evening Mass in a Ft. Worth Church...which is in the d/t area...I think a pretty shabby neighborhood...I would not walk there alone at night.  The SSPX does not have a Mass site anywhere within the Dallas diocese.  They operate two chapels, one just outside of Ft. Worth...in the boonies...and another in Sanger...a teeny tiny town...in the boonies.  I think it's very unwise for the SSPX to not have a presence within the Dallas diocese...and wish they could find a place more centrally located...such as Plano...where they'd probably find a lot more interested persons...and money.  I don't think funds for such a place is the only sticking point...I think they tend to prefer locating in rural communities...perhaps b/c there's less confrontation/conflict with the diocesan bishops...and perhaps due to the distributist ideology that seems to infect so many of their US priests...JMO.
A lot of it could have to do with the fact that most available land these days tend to be in "well-to-do" and developing areas.  Most "slum" areas are already full of people, buildings, etc. 
In my diocese, the only TLM is at 12:30  in a very poor neighborhood & the only SSPX chapel is out in the boonies.

When I went on vacation this summer in Pennsylvania, I was in the Pittsburgh diocese visiting relatives.  I had looked up the only TLM and a relative who is a state cop told me he would NOT go to that neighborhood during the day packing heat, so I didn't go to the TLM because my family had a tizzy.  Probably one of the only times in the last year I have gone to a NO Mass.
I have never seen a TLM... FSSP or SSPX in a wealthy area.  I'd be intersted to see your idea of "wealthy" also...my experience in the NE with TLMs is the same as my experience with them in the SW....usually poorer area....sometimes middle class.

Usually as far out of the way as possible...this applies to SSPX chapels as well.

One wonders why the SSPX has chosen to place their chapels as far out of the way as possible.  I had surmised in one post that it could have been due to a certain bishops goofy economic ideas...3rd way and all that.

I have never been to Oyster cove but from the air it looks nice.  So I ahve no idea about SSPV chapels since they are mostly in the NE.

And I know nothing about CMRI chapels except that they don't look like they've been placed in wealthy areas when you look at the pics online.