What if the Second Vatican Council was held 10 years earlier?
(12-07-2010, 10:28 PM)Joshua Wrote:
MaterLaeta Wrote:I haven't read the entire 9 part series, but just glancing at it, it appears that he says that the current NO Easter vigil is closer to the pre-1955 books than the 1962 Missal?  Did I understand that correctly?

You're reading Part 9 which deals with 1955 Revised Holy Week vs. the Post-Conciliar Rites. The NO Easter Vigil did undo a number of the 1955 additions/omissions and restored a number of prayers that were in fact suppressed in the 1955 Easter Vigil, but in no way does it come close to resembling the pre-1955 Holy Week. Regardless it should be said that the 1955 Revised Holy Week is an utter hack-job and it's a shame that this fact seems to have alluded traditionalists. I have heard on numerous occasions that the Institute of Christ the King makes use of the pre-1955 Holy Week, but I cannot say for certain. It'd certainly be wonderful to see.

The Church I attend uses the 1949 missal. But I have yet to see the Vigil since its held at the preceptory and we are just a mission this year I am going to make a road trip to see it. From what I have heard from other parishioners its really good.
Baskerville Wrote:The Church I attend uses the 1949 missal. But I have yet to see the Vigil since its held at the preceptory and we are just a mission this year I am going to make a road trip to see it. From what I have heard from other parishioners its really good.

What group are they affiliated with?
The vatican-2 apostates who voted for the over 200 heresies against Catholic Dogma did not pop out of thin air in 1962 ... they were put in place well beforehand.

The encyclicals of "Pius XII" are packed with vatican-2-like heresies against the Catholic Dogma. I list many of them on my website >> Immaculata-one.com on Section 20.2.

I had read through a book by Mary Ball Martinez called the "Undermining of the Catholic Church".

She was a Vatican reporter for 15 years and outlined over 80 discreet actions that "Pius XII" took to undermine the Church.

After reading through Mary's book I looked through some of the "encyclicals" of Pius XII ... to my moderate surprise I saw that they are riddled with the same type of anti-Christ heresy that you see in the documents of the "vatican-2 council".

The vatican-2-like heresies of "Pius XII" in his "encyclicals" proves his complicity in the vatican-2 apostasy.

For example:

Mystici Corporis, Para 103:
The heresy >
"As you know, Venerable Brethren, from the very beginning of Our Pontificate, We have committed to the protection and guidance of heaven those who do not belong to the visible Body of the Catholic Church."

Heaven is not "guiding" heretics and un-baptized pagans.

-- --

Orientales Omnes Ecclesias, 23 Dec 1945, Para 1:
The heresy >
"For the Mystical Body of Jesus Christ and all its members cannot but greatly benefit from the full and perfect unity of all Christians."

We have the unity of all Christians, its called the Catholic Church ... heretics are not Christians.

-- --

The heresy >
"We ask each and every one of them to correspond to the interior movements of grace, and to seek to withdraw from that state in which they cannot be sure of their salvation."

Denying the Salvation Dogma.

-- --

The heresy >
"For even though by an unconscious desire and longing they have a certain relationship with the Mystical Body of the Redeemer."

Stating that heretics and un-baptized pagans have a "relationship" with Christ when they are anti-Christs.

-- --

Mystici Corporis, Para 87:
The heresy >
"The social Body of Jesus Christ in which each individual member retains his own personal freedom, responsibility, and principles of conduct."

Rejecting the Catholic Dogmatic Morality.

-- --

Mystici Corporis, Para 105:
The heresy >
"We must plead with God to grant that the rulers of nations may love wisdom, so that the severe judgment of the Holy Spirit may never fall on them."

Not "loving wisdom" does not cause severe judgment to fall on you, being a heretic or an un-baptized pagan causes this severe judgement.

-- --

Looks just like the vatican-2 garbage, doesn't it ?

Well, it goes back further, right to the death of Pope Pius X.

I list heresies of "Pius" XI" on Section 20.1.

Heresies of "Benedict XV" on Section 20.

Mike
Our Lady of Conquest
Pray for us
 "Mike",

::)???  >:(  :o :pray:

C.