Dan Rather Interviews Bishop Fellay
I read the PDFs link. Everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo and V-II can be found in the responses from the three women and the former(?) Priest. "Oh!!! after V-II it was all about US!!!!" WE,WE,I,I,I.  Not God. Not Jesus Christ. Just me,me,me and I,I,I.  This self fascination is why it is going to be a long struggle to return our Church to Her Traditions. Pray for a return to God first, then all else, and lastly me.
(12-08-2010, 07:06 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I read the PDFs link. Everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo and V-II can be found in the responses from the three women and the former(?) Priest. "Oh!!! after V-II it was all about US!!!!" WE,WE,I,I,I.   Not God. Not Jesus Christ. Just me,me,me and I,I,I.  This self fascination is why it is going to be a long struggle to return our Church to Her Traditions. Pray for a return to God first, then all else, and lastly me.

Pride is the root of all sin. The Conciliar Church yielded to human pride.

The only way around it is to destroy this new Church and bring back the old that preaches the words of salvation.
I just finished reading the transcript.
Looks more or less fairly dealt with, except for the sex abuse 'tack-on" story at the end.

Of course I don't want to agree with John Allen's analysis that the Pope is not as conservative as many on the right had wished. Of course after the condom fiasco and the fact that he hasn't yet delivered on many basic changes that an average traditionalist would consider "must do" I guess I will eventually come to agree.

But I still have hope and faith that the Holy Ghost will force Benedict's hand, as soon as he has his first serious health scare!

The death bed is, I think, the most likely place to have important traditonal-leaning decisions made by this pope... if it ever will happen.
(12-08-2010, 07:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The only way around it is to destroy this new Church and bring back the old that preaches the words of salvation.
Ja. It must happen.
:pray:
(12-08-2010, 07:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 07:06 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I read the PDFs link. Everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo and V-II can be found in the responses from the three women and the former(?) Priest. "Oh!!! after V-II it was all about US!!!!" WE,WE,I,I,I.   Not God. Not Jesus Christ. Just me,me,me and I,I,I.  This self fascination is why it is going to be a long struggle to return our Church to Her Traditions. Pray for a return to God first, then all else, and lastly me.

Pride is the root of all sin. The Conciliar Church yielded to human pride.

The only way around it is to destroy this new Church and bring back the old that preaches the words of salvation.

When Rome became the seat of heresy this is what happened. It became all about the cult of man. Who was it that said that "Vatican II was the French Revolution in the Catholic Church"? Its true, and JPII was Robspierre.
I got a kick out of the three little old ladies and the "priest"....wow.
Can one access the video for this? It'd be interesting.
(12-08-2010, 11:35 AM)cgraye Wrote: Wow, Dan Rather?  That's some mainstream attention.  For reason, I don't think that's a good thing...

It's just unbelievable how completely incompetent the mainstream media is in any discussion of the Church whatsoever.  The SSPX "was excommunicated in the 1980's for being too conservative in their practices after Vatican II" - what?! 

They cannot understand any issue on any scale other than "liberal->conservative" when in fact Church issues are not on that scale at all.

The cluelessness, with all the time they obviously spend thinking about the Church, is truly stunning.

(Actually though it turns out JP2 was mostly fighting the modernists and other heretics.  Gee, even Malachi Martin taught that.  Even if he may have made bad practical decisions and given in too easily he was never one of them.)
(12-09-2010, 12:53 AM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 11:35 AM)cgraye Wrote: Wow, Dan Rather?  That's some mainstream attention.  For reason, I don't think that's a good thing...

It's just unbelievable how completely incompetent the mainstream media is in any discussion of the Church whatsoever.  The SSPX "was excommunicated in the 1980's for being too conservative in their practices after Vatican II" - what?! 

They cannot understand any issue on any scale other than "liberal->conservative" when in fact Church issues are not on that scale at all.

The cluelessness, with all the time they obviously spend thinking about the Church, is truly stunning.

(Actually though it turns out JP2 was mostly fighting the modernists and other heretics.  Gee, even Malachi Martin taught that.  Even if he may have made bad practical decisions and given in too easily he was never one of them.)

I read the transcript and was annoyed they portrayed the SSPX and breakaway old women as both different ends of the same spectrum. One was excommunicated for consecrating bishops and the other for open heresy. One uses a valid form of the Roman Rite while one doesn't even use the Novus Ordo but have instead made up their own liturgy. The two can't be compared at all. SSPX is much closer to "mainstream Catholicism" than those womynpriest breakaway parish types.
Would someone be as so kind so to post a link to the video? Thanks!

-Restituo