Dan Rather Interviews Bishop Fellay
(12-09-2010, 08:53 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 08:21 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: We begin to have a community together, and the mass would be more like a meal, like a -
- gathering of Christian believers around the table, reading the scriptures in their own
language, encouraged to read the scriptures, and to study the scriptures, and to act on
them, to find Jesus, and to step away from the rules of the Church. It was terribly
liberating and I just felt like it was a second birth for me.

(Not that this kind of things fools an educated Catholic.)

Then how do you explain the educated Catholic Bishops who have proposed this and The NeoCathecumanal(spelling) Way that does this exact thing with the Popes(an educated Catholic) blessing?

I should have added good-willed to "educated" - obviously educated people can still embrace error.

Please post a reference of a pope blessing explicitly the type of thing that was posted - but there isn't one.  A general blessing of a group some of whose members may have expressed error is not the same thing.
(12-08-2010, 11:38 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 07:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 07:06 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I read the PDFs link. Everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo and V-II can be found in the responses from the three women and the former(?) Priest. "Oh!!! after V-II it was all about US!!!!" WE,WE,I,I,I.   Not God. Not Jesus Christ. Just me,me,me and I,I,I.  This self fascination is why it is going to be a long struggle to return our Church to Her Traditions. Pray for a return to God first, then all else, and lastly me.

Pride is the root of all sin. The Conciliar Church yielded to human pride.

The only way around it is to destroy this new Church and bring back the old that preaches the words of salvation.

When Rome became the seat of heresy this is what happened. It became all about the cult of man. Who was it that said that "Vatican II was the French Revolution in the Catholic Church"? Its true, and JPII was Robspierre.
I believe that was Cardinal Suens.
(12-09-2010, 10:03 PM)Justin Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 07:06 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I read the PDFs link. Everything that is wrong with the Novus Ordo and V-II can be found in the responses from the three women and the former(?) Priest. "Oh!!! after V-II it was all about US!!!!" WE,WE,I,I,I.   Not God. Not Jesus Christ. Just me,me,me and I,I,I.  This self fascination is why it is going to be a long struggle to return our Church to Her Traditions. Pray for a return to God first, then all else, and lastly me.

The only way around it is to destroy this new Church and bring back the old that preaches the words of salvation.

When Rome became the seat of heresy this is what happened. It became all about the cult of man. Who was it that said that "Vatican II was the French Revolution in the Catholic Church"? Its true, and JPII was Robspierre.

How is calling Rome "the seat of heresy" any different than expressing sede vacantism?  They are about the same thing.

And do you guys feel the need to make the same statements over and over in every thread?  Is it some kind of self-affirmation?
(12-09-2010, 08:21 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 08:06 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: From the interview:

FLAHAVAN Wrote:We begin to have a community together, and the mass would be more like a meal, like a -
- gathering of Christian believers around the table, reading the scriptures in their own
language, encouraged to read the scriptures, and to study the scriptures, and to act on
them, to find Jesus, and to step away from the rules of the Church. It was terribly
liberating and I just felt like it was a second birth for me.

Oh yes, isn't that nice...?  ::)

Such people are the spawn of satan.  Well, their thoughts are.  The enemy is so good at making evil sound good.  (Not that this kind of things fools an educated Catholic.)

It doesn't even sound good. Participating sacramentally in the sacrifice of Our Lord and uniting ourselves to the priest as Christ offers Himself up to the Father again and again is way more poignant and deep than a "gathering of Christian believers around a table".
(12-09-2010, 10:28 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: It doesn't even sound good. Participating sacramentally in the sacrifice of Our Lord and uniting ourselves to the priest as Christ offers Himself up to the Father again and again is way more poignant and deep than a "gathering of Christian believers around a table".

One would certainly think that Truth - especially this most beautiful kind - would be more palatable to the soul than emptiness and error.

Yet it seems to not be so for all.

These people who go out and stir things up like this can't claim to be ignorant.  They are doing the leading, not being led.  That's why I say they are satan's "direct" playthings.  That's how it strikes me anyway.
(12-09-2010, 10:11 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 10:03 PM)Justin Wrote:

How is calling Rome "the seat of heresy" any different than expressing sede vacantism?  They are about the same thing.

Simple there IS a POPE he just happens to embrace the modernist heresy. Just like 2 Popes in the 5th century embraced Arianism.
(12-09-2010, 09:57 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: Nope, not to sane and educated orthodox Catholics!

I suppose I can't speak for the effects of a clueless and hostile media twisting words.

No. The Holy Father is a trainwreck when it comes to communications.  When he's clear on something he's usually got his facts wrong.  When he's right on something he usually explains it in such a vague way the opposite conclusion is inferred from his statements and finally when he's not right on something, an even more egregious error is inferred. 

If in a hypothetical situation, you  fill two classrooms of equally adept students and give one to Bishop Williamson and one to Pope Benedict for the purpose of teaching basic catechetics all the way to advanced theology and the students of Bishop Williamson will be better equipped by the end of it.  Whether it's  week, a month or a decade. 
That and those that are taught by B. Wiliamson will be taught Catholicism and those taught by the Pope will be taught modernism.
(12-09-2010, 10:11 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: How is calling Rome "the seat of heresy" any different than expressing sede vacantism?  They are about the same thing.

Was Our Lady of  La Salette a Sedevacantist when she allegedly said to Melanie, ""Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist?"

Unless you like the Neo-Catholic stylings of Jimmy Akin who explains that away as saying it refers to the city of Rome.  ::)

Sedevacantism means there is no Pope.  Rome losing the faith doesn't mean there is no Pope.  Rome is much more than the Pope, obviously, filled with Congregations, Dicasteries, etc.  I don't know how else to explain the difference.

Quote:And do you guys feel the need to make the same statements over and over in every thread?  Is it some kind of self-affirmation?

Why do you feel the need to jump down everyone's throat who makes a criticism of things?  Like you're a Defender of the Faith?  Maybe you're Don Quixote tilting at a windmill....

If you have a counterargument to make, well, make it rather than charging people with Sedevacantism.
(12-09-2010, 10:42 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Simple there IS a POPE he just happens to embrace the modernist heresy. Just like 2 Popes in the 5th century embraced Arianism.

Quote:Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium.

You're gone for a full week this time no matter what you tell me in PM.  You think you would smarten up and stop falling for the bait, but I guess you're not as bright as I thought you were.