Dan Rather Interviews Bishop Fellay
(12-09-2010, 07:09 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 05:29 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 04:46 PM)Gerard Wrote: Rather should try to get an hour long interview with Bishop Williamson.  After the trashing by John Allen and the mislabeling of the Bishop's statements, I was surprised that the young, pretty mother said, "All it took was a confession with Bishop Williamson and I knew that something was there."   I was surprised that didn't get edited out.

Yeah, that'd be a great interview.

What a scary thought for the Church.
No kidding! A journalist with a bit of a bias and some credibility issues (remember Rathergate?) interviewing a Bishop with a penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth. Not a good combination. Another PR disaster for the Church and the SSPX, more backpedalling, ABp Fellay distancing himself, etc etc. Haven't we seen this enough yet? 
(12-13-2010, 12:32 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 07:09 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 05:29 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 04:46 PM)Gerard Wrote: Rather should try to get an hour long interview with Bishop Williamson.  After the trashing by John Allen and the mislabeling of the Bishop's statements, I was surprised that the young, pretty mother said, "All it took was a confession with Bishop Williamson and I knew that something was there."   I was surprised that didn't get edited out.

Yeah, that'd be a great interview.

What a scary thought for the Church.
No kidding! A journalist with a bit of a bias and some credibility issues (remember Rathergate?) interviewing a Bishop with a penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth. Not a good combination. Another PR disaster for the Church and the SSPX, more backpedalling, ABp Fellay distancing himself, etc etc. Haven't we seen this enough yet?   

Yeah, but think of all the great, uplifting threads we could have on FE discussing the fallout of such an interview!  :laughing:
(12-08-2010, 02:47 PM)Ockham Wrote: This is my personal theory on the matter.  Liberals in the Vatican wanted the SSPX gone so they wouldn't impede their modernist agenda.

French bishops schemed against Abp. Levebvre and got Cardinal Villot on their side.  Cardinal Villot lied to Pope Paul VI and got him to shut down the society.  While I may not agree with some of the actions that SSPX has taken since, the way they were treated under Paul VI was a travesty.  What happened later under JPII was, I think, just fallout from the waters that were poisoned under Paul VI.  After what happened to Abp. Levebvre then, he couldn't bring himself to fully trust Rome again, even under a different Pontiff.