Mother of 11 with Cancer.
We have another Catholic Prayer Request:

I just received this this afternoon from a friend who is forwarding info about a dear lady and her dear family. She has fought cancer for many years and this last year has had crazy ups and downs!

Hello everyone!

We were all so exhilarated when we recently got the news of Alicia's improvement and her coming home from the hospital.  Unfortunately, things have gone downhill since that time.  Michael's letter is below, and also a prayer link below that for your thoughts and prayers for the Bradley family.  Please keep the prayers coming for this family, especially to Our Lady of Guadalupe that she will keep them all under her mantle of protection.  May God bless you all.  

Alicia seems to be slipping noticeably since Tuesday.  She is no longer able to get out of bed and walk with our help and is now bedridden.  Her right side arm and leg has limited movement, almost what you would see in a stroke victim, but this is just the tumor mass affecting her right side.  She is no longer able to speak, but she still understands commands like open your mouth or stick out your tongue, ect. ect.  As of Wednesday we are no longer able to give her meds in pill form, so I am crushing them with my mortar and feeding them to her in yogurt.

She now seems to be having trouble swallowing so we have started to feed her soft foods.  Today she seemed more awake and not as sleepy and I was hopeful that she will make it until December 20 when my son returns home.  Tonight, however, she seemed very poor and raspy.  Maria has been so helpful attending to her mother and helping clean her up and feeding her, but tonight she was upset because Alicia just looked very poor and so I guess tonight it seems the pendulum swung back the other way.

I was sitting there thinking to myself wow, this ain't no dress rehearsal.  We have been spoon feeding Alicia her liquids and sometimes we have to rub her throat to get her to swallow the soft foods because she just lets them sit in her mouth.  She still kisses her crucifix when I present it to her and I believe that she still understands my conversation with her.  She watches the little ones and we have them get up to her bedside and tell her that they love her.  I am hoping that she will still be conscious when my daughters return from Massena next Wednesday.  I think one baby step forward and one regular step backwards accurately depicts this week so far.  Thank you for your prayers they have been all the difference in this fight and don't ever doubt the power of prayer and the communion of souls in the Catholic Faith.  

Michael

We are keeping prayer notices for them on our website if you would like to offer your prayers there at the end of our Saint Andrew page.

Saint Andrew, pray for them!
:pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
:pray: