INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EUCHARISTIC ADORATION
The First International Conference on Eucharistic Adoration will be held in Rome (Italy) from June 20 to June 23, 2011, with the intention of promoting the desire of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church to see Perpetual Adoration spread to Parishes and Dioceses around the world.

The faithful must seek to receive and to venerate the Most Holy Sacrament with piety and devotion, eager to welcome the Lord Jesus with faith (Pope Benedict XVI May 11, 2007)

Holy Mass is in itself the Church’s greatest act of adoration: “No one eats of this flesh”, as St Augustine writes, “without having first adored it”.
Adoration outside Holy Mass prolongs and intensifies what has taken place in the liturgical celebration and makes a true and profound reception of Christ possible. I would like to take the opportunity to warmly recommend, to Pastors and to all the faithful, the practice of Eucharistic adoration. I express my appreciation to the Institutes of Consecrated Life as well as to the associations and confraternities that are especially dedicated to this practice; they offer to everyone a reminder of Christ’s centrality in our personal and ecclesial life.

In life today, often noisy and dispersive, it is more important than ever to recover the capacity for inner silence and recollection. Eucharistic adoration permits this not only centred on the “I” but more so in the company of that “You” full of love who is Jesus Christ, “the God who is near to us”. (Pope Benedict XVI Angelus 06.10.2007)

[...]

Speakers Include
Cardinal Francis ARINZE, Emeritus Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship

Cardinal Raymond BURKE, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura

Cardinal Antonio CAÑIZARES LLOVERA, Prefect for the Congregation of Divine Worship

Cardinal Malcolm RANJITH, Archbishop of Colombo, Sri Lanka, former Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship

Cardinal Mauro PIACENZA, President of the Congregation for the Clergy

Cardinal Peter TURKSON, President of the Pontifical Council Justice and Peace

Bishop Giovanni D’ERCOLE, Auxiliary Bishop of L’Aquila, Italy

Bishop D. José Ignacio MUNILLA - Bishop of San Sebastian, Spain

Bishop Dominique REY, Bishop of the Diocese of Fréjus-Toulon, France

Bishop Athanasius SCHNEIDER, Auxiliary Bishop of Karaganda, Kazakhstan

http://www.adoratio2011.com/

A parish near where I used to live has a perpetual adoration chapel. It is a great and glorious thing to have, and you can stop off at any time of the day....I used to make mini pilgrimages there at 2-3am when I got off work. Unfortunately, where I know live, there is no such chapel...I miss it.  sad
I have LONG prayed and hoped to be in a parish with perpetual adoration.  In my home town with 4 Catholic Churches and a population of over 125,000 as well as being home to a university, there is no perpetual adoration. Several of my past pastors, as well as our present  one, all say they would 'like' to have it and not one has done any thing to make that happen. We have one day of adoration at my parish and it gets shortened  or cancelled regularly. Last week it was to have carols in the church. Next week it will be for a communal penance service (no, not general absolution).

I would come in the middle of the night.  Once we had a First Friday nocturnal adoration and I would stay all night.  I had to seek the grace to do this.  I would be happy to have the opportunity again sometime.

This is great news, thanks for posting it, Ockham!