Favorite mixed drink?
I like a good 'ol salty dog, made with gin.  But I usually just have a Whiskey and 7up highball, as that is my Dad's favorite drink.

I used to absolutely love Long Island Iced Teas until that fateful night when I drank 5 of them during crawfish season. (I won't go into details)

Quote:Singapore Sling

I love those too.

This might sound gross, but Bacardi w/ diet cherry-vanilla coke is actually really goooooooood! I'm not sure if they're maiking cherry-vanilla coke anymore, though.

- 1  ounce gin

- ½ ounce gin

- A dash of gin

Shake all ingredients with ice and pour. Garnish with a drizzle of gin (optional).

Avalonik Wrote:I'm not sure if they're maiking cherry-vanilla coke anymore, though.

I think they are.
Depends on my mood.  Rum & pineapple juice with a splash of actual authentic key lime juice is nice when I'm in a beachy mood.  Pina Coladas as well.  Mai Tais when I feel the need to get rowdy.  Jack Sour when I'm in biker mode.  Margaritas with no salt.
Mate, I need a drink.   Rusty Nail, heavy on the Drambuie.
Vandaler Wrote:Singapore Sling
[Image: margarita.gif]
  • 1 1/2 ounce gin
  • 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering brandy
  • 1/4 ounce Cointreau
  • 1/4 ounce Benedictine
  • 4 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice
  • 1/3 ounce grenadine
Where can I get a full sized Benedictine or possibly enough Benedictine to build a monastery with?   I think drinking a monk is a horrid practice.
gladius_veritatis Wrote:Mate, I need a drink.   Rusty Nail, heavy on the Drambuie.

Have a beer mate.
I don't remember what it was called but it's Baileys (or any Irish Creme) with butterscotch flavored schnapps. Yum!
I tend to be a purist . . . so I like . . .Jameson, neat.

I also like a good dry Martini (Gin, of course) but, departing from my purism, I add a drop of Dry Vermouth (sorry Mornac).

Of course, beer (real beer) is still my favorite libation.