A true renovation of a Cathedral.
I know when most of us here the word renovation and church together our stomachs churn and its usually not good.

But then again once in a while you are reminded that the 80s are over and back to real things is the order of the day.

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...al-of.html

Hurray for the new Bishop.  :)
Very nice. I am not a fan of the Cathedra being behind the altar like that, but it is such an improvement it is a small price to pay. Huzzah for the Bishop.
It's a step in the right direction. Now they need to move the cathedra and construct a high altar at the back of the sanctuary.

Having the cathedra at the back of the sanctuary is too much like a Masonic lodge, which has three chairs at the back of the room and a table in the middle.
(12-16-2010, 08:49 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: It's a step in the right direction. Now they need to move the cathedra and construct a high altar at the back of the sanctuary.

Having the cathedra at the back of the sanctuary is too much like a Masonic lodge, which has three chairs at the back of the room and a table in the middle.

Commenter at NLM says cathedra in the back is a legit thing.  I'm prone to believe him.
[Image: Lazio_Roma_SGiovanni2_tango7174.jpg]
(12-16-2010, 08:29 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Very nice. I am not a fan of the Cathedra being behind the altar like that, but it is such an improvement it is a small price to pay. Huzzah for the Bishop.

Though i know what you mean and I agree the Cathedra behind the altar does have a precedent since it is the older form before the tabernacle was moved to the center. However just because the cathedra in the back is older it does not make it better if anything it shows the growth and correct way of Catholic developing doctrine and how things that are proper are replaced by things that direct us more towards the truth of Christ.
Very nice reno indeed!
Nice to see a little bit of good news from time to time.
I'm actually fine with free standing altars (as opposed to free standing 'tables'), but I typically prefer the cathedra to be to the side (but don't demand it). Having a cathedra in the back is perfectly legitimate.
(12-17-2010, 12:55 AM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: I'm actually fine with free standing altars (as opposed to free standing 'tables'),

Yes I noticed that too. They actually have what looks like an Altar and not a flimsy card table. Also you I noticed that above the Sanctuary they have Sanctus Sanctus Sanctus painted. And they actually used Latin WOW.
(12-17-2010, 01:13 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-17-2010, 12:55 AM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: I'm actually fine with free standing altars (as opposed to free standing 'tables'),

Yes I noticed that too. They actually have what looks like an Altar and not a flimsy card table. Also you I noticed that above the Sanctuary they have Sanctus Sanctus Sanctus painted. And they actually used Latin WOW.

i like the free standing ones when done like this, has that antiquity feel to me that I'm about to hear St Ambrose celebrate Mass

(12-16-2010, 08:56 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Commenter at NLM says cathedra in the back is a legit thing.  I'm prone to believe him.
lol :)