CNN reporter lies about Dimond brothers
(12-20-2010, 04:55 AM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 04:53 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 04:46 AM)paragon Wrote: Are you a feenyite, AB?  Or are you just unaware of the damage these prawns have caused in the Catholic community?

Was does being a "Feenyite" have to do with anything?

I was just gonna say that - they have nothing to do with them nut jobs the DBs.

And even if they did, I don't know what strict EENS has to do with anything in that video or what was said here.  I'm very confuzzled.
Glad I didn't watch the rest of it then.
(12-20-2010, 04:56 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 04:55 AM)Stubborn Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 04:53 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 04:46 AM)paragon Wrote: Are you a feenyite, AB?  Or are you just unaware of the damage these prawns have caused in the Catholic community?

Was does being a "Feenyite" have to do with anything?

I was just gonna say that - they have nothing to do with them nut jobs the DBs.

And even if they did, I don't know what strict EENS has to do with anything in that video or what was said here.  I'm very confuzzled.

Eh?  You're not aware the Dimond Brothers teach feenyism?  Are you aware of the attacks they make through lengthy articles on good Catholics who support baptism of desire?  Or of how they edit wikipedia articles to insert lines like "Fr x has publicly stated he does not support the Church's position on EENS"?  Is it unreasonable for me to ask, without accusation, whether a person who defends these heretical troublemakers is a feenyite themselves?
Yes, it's unreasonable because 1) there is no causation, and, 2) you are trying to make a correlation appear when the topics are orthogonal.

Saying the DB's should sue for slander is defending a person's right to a good name, which is something the Church teaches as it finds calumny a sin.  Mullah Bin Omar, Rabbi Mintowitz, and Marilyn Manson should sue for slander if someone defames their good names by lying even if they hold to theological errors and are, in general, bad people.

Further, not all "Feenyites" would have this "unhelpful" attitude towards people, while plenty of non-"Feenyites" would have this "unhelpful" attitude.

I would not go around making comments like "Marilyn Manson should sue for $3 million dollars" unless I was prepared for people to ask if I sympathised with him.  If you don't make your position clear, people are going to ask you to clarify it.
tossing about the word heretic when it comes to eensers is pretty over the top.

Especially when the topic at hand has nothing to do with their stand on that, but rather timeless Church teaching on sodomy etc.

The reporter has either through vast ignorance accidentally...and I'm pretty sure that's what it is....or vast malice purposely misreported this...

You can see this whe it comes to the word vengence...she has no idea that it is a teaching...she thinks it's a threat from the DMV empl;oyee rather than a kind warning from a zealot
(12-20-2010, 05:15 AM)paragon Wrote: I would not go around making comments like "Marilyn Manson should sue for $3 million dollars" unless I was prepared for people to ask if I sympathised with him.  If you don't make your position clear, people are going to ask you to clarify it.

So marilyn manson's rights cease because you might not sympathize with him?  just sayn
(12-20-2010, 05:15 AM)paragon Wrote: I would not go around making comments like "Marilyn Manson should sue for $3 million dollars" unless I was prepared for people to ask if I sympathised with him.  If you don't make your position clear, people are going to ask you to clarify it.

If people ask me that they should be prepared for me to ask then if they're Catholics in name only or really believe what the Church teaches - that all humans have value and are due the respect that God demands we have for each other..
(12-20-2010, 08:09 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

If people ask me that they should be prepared for me to ask then if they're Catholics in name only or really believe what the Church teaches - that all humans have value and are due the respect that God demands we have for each other..

Y'know Quis, I fully agree with that point about respect for all people and used to respect you a lot when you made it, until I saw the way you treat Dark Lancer.  Perhaps I ought to save that quote for the next time you start saying hideous things about him.

My point is, yes, people should not spread things about the Dimond brothers that are not true.  But - they are huge calumniators themselves.  If someone calumniates them my response is - diddums.  Defending these hypocrites with the kind of passion that would hope for $3 million compensation is totally unjustified and illogical, and it's perfectly reasonable in light of that to question whether he's motivated purely by the desire to see justice done or if he sympathises with the Dimonds' cause.  Had I said he was a feenyite, that would be different - but I merely asked.
(12-20-2010, 08:47 AM)paragon Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 08:09 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Y'know Quis, I fully agree with that point about respect for all people and used to respect you a lot when you made it, until I saw the way you treat Dark Lancer.  Perhaps I ought to save that quote for the next time you start saying hideous things about him.

I respect him by not letting him get away with his nonsense - I expect the same of him as anyone else here - and am willing to look like an asshole to teach him something important that apparently no one else has.    On top of it, I'm not letting anyone else touch him - I've given him the "Mark of Cain" on the forum for a number of reasons, and I promised I wouldn't ban him.  Whether or not he decides to take my lesson is up to him; however, I am offering it.  No one is forcing him to stay.  If he wants the lesson to end, he'll stop his nonsense.

Letting a 25 year old college graduate who is obviously intelligent stay stuck to the teat and be the proverbial cry-baby and act like everyone is a "big meanie" when discussions don't go his way is not respecting him, it's infantalizing him.  If he tries that on the job, his co-workers will shun him and he will eventually find himself fired for being a "problem".

I'll tell you what though, how about I put it to a vote.  I'll start a poll, and there will be two options:

1) Let Dark Lancer stay but teach him a lesson.
2) Ban him

I'll honor the vote.  What do you say?  It has to be one or the other because I'm not willing to put up with the nonsense and have the forum in an uproar.

Quote:My point is, yes, people should not spread things about the Dimond brothers that are not true.  But - they are huge calumniators themselves.  If someone calumniates them my response is - diddums.  Defending these hypocrites with the kind of passion that would hope for $3 million compensation is totally unjustified and illogical, and it's perfectly reasonable in light of that to question whether he's motivated purely by the desire to see justice done or if he sympathises with the Dimonds' cause.

Really, I think you're trolling for feenyites - the way some others here troll for sedevacantists.  And you're doing a grave disservice to those who (erroneously, IMO) hold to Feenyism by associating them with the Dimonds.  I really don't see how you can say with a straight face that a sinner - even a grave calumniator - doesn't deserve justice.

Quote:Had I said he was a feenyite, that would be different - but I merely asked.

Oh, OK.  In that case...

So, paragon, are you a raging zoophile (practitioner of "animal love" and bestiality) who keeps goats in his closet?

Remember, I'm merely asking.  I've found that most zoophiles don't like Feenyites, so I'm wondering if it's because you agree with them theologically or because you are sympathetic to the goat-humping cause.

Whenever someone says "I'm merely asking" it generally means the opposite of that.