CNN reporter lies about Dimond brothers
Ah let him stay - one thing's for sure, NOers can be more stubborn than me  :laughing:
The Dimond Brothers are sedevacanists, cultists, and need no defence from any Catholics in good standing.
Marilyn Manson seems to be undergoing a kind of transformation. I suppose the same is possible with the Dimonds. So, stay tune to God's grace, be watchful for it.

But the level of vindictiveness of some people against them is pretty amazing, but not surprising I guess when you take human nature into account.

The Dimonds deserve a large settlement from this, and it has nothing to do with whether or not people have hurt feelings about their message, or whether or not they suppose the Dimonds to have done "untold damage".

Go Dimonds!
(12-20-2010, 01:55 AM)paragon Wrote: The Dimond brothers are a disgrace - whether the DVD says that or not, they say similar things on their website.  At least, I recall them saying that all homosexuals are possessed.

Any inaccuracy by CNN is nothing compared to the malicious tosh they have been spreading about good Catholics for years.  Are you a feenyite, may I ask?

Wow, so, you don't care about CNN's lies.  So many Catholics are willing to make endless excuses for the Church's enemies but are always willing to strike down Catholics who try to defend Church teachings.
What I find stupefying is the ignorance of these reporters concerning vengeance. They have no idea it is God Who reserves the right to take vengeance, not the Dimond brothers. 
tim
(12-20-2010, 10:34 AM)Ockham Wrote: The Dimond Brothers are sedevacanists, cultists, and need no defence from any Catholics in good standing.

No, but Catholics should defend truth, justice, and the Catholic way (with apologies to superman).

Even bad people don't deserve to be crapped on.
(12-20-2010, 05:15 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: tossing about the word heretic when it comes to eensers is pretty over the top.

And how do you think heresy and heretic are defined?  Baptism of desire and of blood are Catholic teachings and to deny them puts one in a state of at least material heresy.

I think what you mean is that certain types of heresy are more palatable than others.  But they shouldn't be.

(To call Feenyism (and/or the even more erroneous *total* denial of baptism of desire or blood) "strict EENS" is really a misnomer, I think, as it seems to imply simply a varying  - but potentially just as valid - understanding of EENS.  But, as with any other doctrine or dogma, there is only one correct understanding, which is what the Church teaches.  That understanding is indeed "strict" - just as strict as it should be and as it always has been.)
(12-20-2010, 09:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Really, I think you're trolling for feenyites - the way some others here troll for sedevacantists.   And you're doing a grave disservice to those who (erroneously, IMO) hold to Feenyism by associating them with the Dimonds.  I really don't see how you can say with a straight face that a sinner - even a grave calumniator - doesn't deserve justice.

I agree that bringing Feenyism into this particular topic is nothing more than a tangent - not relevant to the question here.  And Feenyites surely deserve as much protection from libel as anyone else!  

(If it's true, though, that the Dimond bros. do support what CNN claimed but just didn't spell it out in the DVD in question I'm sure not how much of a case they have.  I might have misunderstood that.  BTW, I read the thing they wrote about "aliens" actually being demonic forces and found quite a bit of it convincing.  This was some time ago.)

I wonder who around here trolls for SVs.  I haven't seen that.  Of course, there are at least a few people almost constantly making their SV or SV-friendly position known by the general comments they make.
CNN is using this incident as a platform for attacking "Traditional Catholics"
We will all be next. It's inevitable. Only those who knuckle under will be spared.

We, as traditional Catholics,  should stand with this traditional Catholic DMV employee and with the Dimond brothers on this particular issue because in this case that DMV worker and the Dimonds were simply stating and teaching Catholic truth.

That DVD was not teaching sedevacantism, but instead was simply a DVD about Hell  and is a narration of St. Alphonsus' book, "Preparation For Death".
(12-20-2010, 01:06 PM)faith3faith Wrote: CNN is using this incident as a platform for attacking "Traditional Catholics"
We will all be next. It's inevitable. Only those who knuckle under will be spared.

Without seeing the report I wouldn't doubt that in the least.  It is just the type of thing the MSM would do - both an attack on trads and using people like the Dimonds, who aren't really representative of the group, as if they were.  The typical modern secular liberal would only need the tiniest whiff of traditional Catholicism (which is to say fully orthodox Catholicism) to be driven into a frenzy.

I heard a quote from a bishop recently that was quite poignant (I can't remember who).  He said that he would die in his bed, and his successor would die in his bed, but his successor's successor would be a martyr.  He is probably not far off.