CNN reporter lies about Dimond brothers
It's always open season on Catholics which is why I suggest the Dimonds get on the horn with the St. Thomas More Society or someone like them.

Seeing this in relation to Bishop Williamson should awaken people to what's going on.  We should be prepared to fight these running dogs wherever we find them and challenge their lies and defamations.
(12-20-2010, 12:08 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: I wonder who around here trolls for SVs.  I haven't seen that.  

LOL

Quote:Of course, there are at least a few people almost constantly making their SV or SV-friendly position known by the general comments they make.

Or, someone could read into a statement something that isn't there and then say, "How can you believe that and not be a sedevacantist?"

(12-20-2010, 01:31 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 12:08 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: I wonder who around here trolls for SVs.  I haven't seen that.  

LOL

Quote:Of course, there are at least a few people almost constantly making their SV or SV-friendly position known by the general comments they make.

Or, someone could read into a statement something that isn't there and then say, "How can you believe that and not be a sedevacantist?"

If you think I spend my time here "trolling for sede vacantists" please come out and say it.
I think you've spent some time here doing it, yes, but obviously not all of your time here is spent doing it. 

Remember this?

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33373261

"A Catholic Thinker" Wrote:I've "charged" people with sede vacantism who sound like sede vacantists.  I'm not the only one who thinks so.

The worst was ies, though.  It was clear he suspected people of closet sedevacantism and demanded people prove their fidelity to him.  If and when he comes back, he'll have to knock that off if he wants to stay around.

Ockham is a close second to ies on demanding proof of fidelity, mainly lately, but more in general than specifically sedevacantism.  He'll have to knock it off soon, too.  I'm hoping he gets the hint from my sarcastic replies to him.

When you guys get the mitre, you can call people sedes, unCatholic, schismatic, etc., or demand proof of their fidelity, and then maybe you'll have some ground to stand on.  You're as bad as trads who say people who go to the NO are all "Modernists" or "not Catholic" because they might say JP2 was "sniffing the Koran" instead of kissing it to excuse his behavior.    That doesn't make the person a Modernist, just delusional.

Don't feel special.  We used to have people who would troll for (among other things): Judiaizers, Marranos, Modernists, Zionists, Liberals, Racists, Schismatics, Nazis, etc.  I don't want trolling and accusations of this type from any side of the spectrum.
(12-20-2010, 09:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I'll tell you what though, how about I put it to a vote.  I'll start a poll, and there will be two options:

1) Let Dark Lancer stay but teach him a lesson.
2) Ban him

I'll honor the vote.  What do you say?  It has to be one or the other because I'm not willing to put up with the nonsense and have the forum in an uproar.

Where is this poll and how many times may I vote?
(12-20-2010, 02:03 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 09:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I'll tell you what though, how about I put it to a vote.  I'll start a poll, and there will be two options:

2) Ban him

I'll honor the vote.  What do you say?  It has to be one or the other because I'm not willing to put up with the nonsense and have the forum in an uproar.

Where is this poll and how many times may I vote?

I'm waiting for paragon's decision to see if I'm going to make like Pontius Pilate.

But, I thought about it, and I will update my offer to this poll:

2) Ban him
3) Let Dark Lancer stay and continue on as he does; he's on his own though, the "Mark of Cain" will be removed.

It wasn't fair otherwise because some people may actually see nothing wrong with what he does, and that I'm a complete ass.  Fair enough, they should get a vote as well, and that outcome should be an option.  I think most in that category (3) haven't been online as long as I have, but they'll see how it pans out after about a month.  Or, maybe I'll learn something.

In any case, paragon may have a point, so I'm willing to put it to a vote.  There's no other way I can nullify the "bully pulpit" I'm working from.

(12-20-2010, 02:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: 1) Let Dark Lancer stay but teach him a lesson.
2) Ban him
3) Let Dark Lancer stay and continue on as he does; he's on his own though, the "Mark of Cain" will be removed.

Stuff like this is why I've been on FE and its previous incarnations for five or six years or something.
The poll should have qualified votes. The vote of the older or more active fishies in tank (e.g., those who have more than 6,000 posts or who registred prior to 2007) should be worth at least the double.
(12-20-2010, 02:26 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The poll should have qualified votes. The vote of the older or more active fishies in tank (e.g., those who have more than 6,000 posts or who registred prior to 2007) should be worth at least the double.

:laughing:

This isn't a bad idea.  You know, if I hadn't deleted my old account (twice!) on the old forum, I think I'd be just about the top of the rankings.  So I should get EVEN MORE votes.
(12-20-2010, 02:29 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 02:26 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The poll should have qualified votes. The vote of the older or more active fishies in tank (e.g., those who have more than 6,000 posts or who registred prior to 2007) should be worth at least the double.

:laughing:

This isn't a bad idea.  You know, if I hadn't deleted my old account (twice!) on the old forum, I think I'd be just about the top of the rankings.  So I should get EVEN MORE votes.

That's my situation as well. Our vote should be worth at least the triple. If nothing at least because of our perseverance (born-died-reborn-died-reborn, etc.)