Refusal of the Extraordinary Form could be considered as a rupture of communion
"Monsignor Nicola Bux, Consultant to the Office of Liturgical celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff and member of two congregations then talked at length about the liturgy and the Pope’s desire of pacification. He began his intervention by saying that the French bishops, who like to interact with non-Christians, ought also to dialogue with Catholics and that they must not be afraid of the sheep of their own flock! They should confront reality and not the perception that they have of it. He recalled that the Extraordinary Form is for all of the People of God, and not just a minority, and that it ought to serve as a training for the better celebration of the Ordinary Form. He indicated that, in Italy, the implementation of the Motu proprio is done through priests. He therefore admonished priests to be courageous in the implementation of this text. Finally, he added that the refusal of the Extraordinary Form could be considered as a rupture of communion with the Pope."

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2010/12...-what.html
"the Pope’s desire of pacification"

Not a good sign.
(12-20-2010, 11:55 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: "the Pope’s desire of pacification"

Not a good sign.

Never
Ah, but the Pope has refused to offer the "extraordinary form" in public.  We must pray for that day.  Then the fault lines will become even clearer.  Then we will know who the true schismatics are.
(12-20-2010, 11:55 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: "the Pope’s desire of pacification"

Not a good sign.

Maybe he can further pacify us by writing an encyclical letter on the Social Reign of Christ the King?  ;)

Or, he can reestablish the Anti-Modernist Oath (it's a few months past its centenary anniversary)...

:pray:  that the Extraordinary Form becomes the Ordinary (and only) Form.
I can live with being "pacified" that way.  ;D
(12-20-2010, 10:38 AM)Ockham Wrote: "Monsignor Nicola Bux, Consultant to the Office of Liturgical celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff and member of two congregations then talked at length about the liturgy and the Pope’s desire of pacification. He began his intervention by saying that the French bishops, who like to interact with non-Christians, ought also to dialogue with Catholics and that they must not be afraid of the sheep of their own flock! They should confront reality and not the perception that they have of it. He recalled that the Extraordinary Form is for all of the People of God, and not just a minority, and that it ought to serve as a training for the better celebration of the Ordinary Form. He indicated that, in Italy, the implementation of the Motu proprio is done through priests. He therefore admonished priests to be courageous in the implementation of this text. Finally, he added that the refusal of the Extraordinary Form could be considered as a rupture of communion with the Pope."

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2010/12...-what.html

You all are so busy looking at the negative - which there is - that you are missing a good thing!  TO REFUSE THE EXTRAORDINARY FORM COULD BE CONSIDERED AS A RUPTURE OF COMMUNION WITH THE POPE!  Considering that I have heard all the stories of priests & bishops making BXVI's Motu Proprio difficult to implement, this is a new step forward!
(12-20-2010, 01:19 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: You all are so busy looking at the negative - which there is - that you are missing a good thing!   TO REFUSE THE EXTRAORDINARY FORM COULD BE CONSIDERED AS A RUPTURE OF COMMUNION WITH THE POPE! 

Sure, but by the same logic, isn't refusing the Novus Ordo also a rupture of communion? Hence the problem.
There's also the fact that even if it is a rupture with the Pope, it won't be acted upon.  Just like altar girls, CITH, etc. before they were allowed.  No bishops got called into the Holy Office back then.

I mean, if certain bishops aren't in clear rupture with the Pope already, I don't think not allowing a TLM is going to be the push over the cliff to get them disciplined.
I guess I see so much negative, that I am trying to at least look for ANY positive developments.